• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Well there’s just under an hour to go for Saturday delivery of the 3800x.

I guess it’s another no show for the mythical beast...

I’m off to watch a few seasons of The Twilight Zone (just feel in the mood for it).

Associate
Tell me about it, Im at work spamming F5 waiting for it to say Shipped lol
Thing is I’ve been looking forward to zen 2 for months. When we hit July I was counting down the days. I even changed plans on Sunday the 7th to make sure I was sat at the PC at 2pm ready to order.
Little did I know it was just AMDs big cloud of lies.....
Oh well, roll on next week!

Associate
Thing is I’ve been looking forward to zen 2 for months. When we hit July I was counting down the days. I even changed plans on Sunday the 7th to make sure I was sat at the PC at 2pm ready to order.
Little did I know it was just AMDs big cloud of lies.....
Oh well, roll on next week!
I took Tuesday off because I estimated that we were going to receive the stuff then lol Ohh well lets just hope it shows up soon.

Associate
Wouldn't be so bad if we didn't expect the delivery Monday, then Tuesday etc. At least we could have changed for a different cpu when they were still in stock. If the 3900x comes in Monday and no sign of 3800x then i will just change to the 3900x, still annoyed about a 1week+ delay though

Permabanned
My experience with the G.Skill FlareX 3200 CL14 is at 45C or higher when OC'ed to about 3466 CL14- it starts throwing out errors. So, I suggest keep it under 45C.
And thats why EVERYONE on OCN playing with Zen memory has extra fan directed on memories. It drops temps around from 8 to 15c depending on volts You are pumping in them :)
@Nghtmare 1.5 is ok for 24/7 as long as you got mentioned Fan :)

Thats how i got mine :)
20180426-222303.jpg

Runs on 600rpm like rest of fans in my case besides one above cpu it blows heavy when ebnching on vrms :)

Last edited:
Associate
For any audio folk - Pete from [REDACTED] has dawbench results up and it's good news. 3700x performs between 9700k and 9900k, 3900x has some issues but handily beats the 9900k regardless.

Associate
And thats why EVERYONE on OCN playing with Zen memory has extra fan directed on memories. It drops temps around from 8 to 15c depending on volts You are pumping in them :)
@Nghtmare 1.5 is ok for 24/7 as long as you got mentioned Fan :)

Got my top fan blowing in towards the RAM/VRM area. At 3266MHz CL14, my RAM only heats up to 35-36C during gaming. You are right, 1.5V is fine on B-dies or even other dies BUT the ram needs cooling.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom