• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I'm wanting the top Ryzen 2 (3850x 16 core 5.1ghz?) to upgrade from my 5960x with 1080ti SLI. Obviously I need PCIe3 16x2 plus at least 2 PCIe for NVme drives. I also want a serious memory bump will x570 be the Mobo for me?
Or what should I be looking at as I'm a bit lost in the Ryzen Mobo alphabet soup please help?
Gaming at 4K.

Man of Honour
I'm wanting the top Ryzen 2 (3850x 16 core 5.1ghz?) to upgrade from my 5960x with 1080ti SLI. Obviously I need PCIe3 16x2 plus at least 2 PCIe for NVme drives. I also want a serious memory bump will x570 be the Mobo for me?
Or what should I be looking at as I'm a bit lost in the Ryzen Mobo alphabet soup please help?
Gaming at 4K.
ryzen 3000 isn't out yet, so can't really recommend lol.
everything is just rumours at the moment.

Permabanned
Gaming at 4K.

Any of the listed will do you fine:
  • ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA
  • ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO
  • ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
  • ROG CROSSHAIR VIII IMPACT
  • ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
  • ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
  • ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING
  • PRIME X570-P
  • PRIME X570-PRO
  • Pro WS X570-ACE
  • TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
  • TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 6
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
  • ASRock X570 Extreme4
  • ASRock X570 Taichi
  • ASRock X570 Pro4
  • ASRock X570 Pro4 R2.0
  • ASRock X570M Pro4
  • ASRock X570M Pro4 R2.0

Soldato
You are wrong as almost always :D

Look at the circuitry and those hundreds of SMD microelements on the AM4. Now go to the intel boards and see their PCBs are clean.

!!! What were you saying in the navi thread the other day?

Fewer components means disadvantage when it comes to the quality of the execution of the boards.

You are on the wind up. Surely.

Associate
Any of the listed will do you fine:
  • ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA
  • ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO
  • ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
  • ROG CROSSHAIR VIII IMPACT
  • ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
  • ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING
  • ROG STRIX X570-I GAMING
  • PRIME X570-P
  • PRIME X570-PRO
  • Pro WS X570-ACE
  • TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
  • TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 6
  • ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
  • ASRock X570 Extreme4
  • ASRock X570 Taichi
  • ASRock X570 Pro4
  • ASRock X570 Pro4 R2.0
  • ASRock X570M Pro4
  • ASRock X570M Pro4 R2.0
Thanks, any direction is good, X570 necessary by the look of things.

Man of Honour
@Jacky60
those boards listed are only the ones we know are potentially going to be released.
msi and gigabyte haven't released their lineup yet.
also what's not really known is what the VRM setup of each board is.
we know they are beefing up the VRMs, but what we don't know is which board will get the beefed up VRM circuitry.
just because it's an x570 board doesn't mean a thing. the individual model could be good, could be like a turd.
i suggest taking everything with a large grain of salt in the meantime, until actual specs are known.

Soldato
My guess is that the intel boards receive more modern manufacturing processes while the AMD ones can be made on ancient process with older elements.
You have the audacity to claim I'm "wrong as always" and then post utter dribble like this? Because I'm sure it's really cost effective for Asus to heavily invest in and market all those automated assembly lines with smooth, clean, human-free soldering, but then only use them on Intel and Nvidia products :rolleyes:

Go back to your hole, you're just not very good at trolling.

Soldato
I have no. We must ask the members who work at Asus or Gigabyte to explain if they are heavily cheaping out on the AMD platform :D

Like Acer did on my own Nitro 5 AMD-based laptop that doesn't support NVMe drives :mad: :rolleyes:

TBF I don't think the spec sheet claimed to to support NVMe, you assumed M.2 and NVMe were cross compatible. On higher risk products, corners will be cut. AMD took everyone by surprise with Ryzen and even with it's decent performance, there's still the brand factor - it's not Intel or nVidia. Intel + nV products outsell AMD products by a huge margin, what would you do if your business depended on sales?

I like to speculate as much as the next person but I think some people on here need to alight from the hype train at the next stop until we get some solid numbers. The final destination might be Disappointment St. :p

Permabanned
TBF I don't think the spec sheet claimed to to support NVMe, you assumed M.2 and NVMe were cross compatible. On higher risk products, corners will be cut. AMD took everyone by surprise with Ryzen and even with it's decent performance, there's still the brand factor - it's not Intel or nVidia. Intel + nV products outsell AMD products by a huge margin, what would you do if your business depended on sales?

I like to speculate as much as the next person but I think some people on here need to alight from the hype train at the next stop until we get some solid numbers. The final destination might be Disappointment St. :p

I saw it https://laptopmedia.com/series/acer-nitro-5-an515-42/

Back
Top Bottom