• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Those leaks were from Adored and he doubled down on them in the past couple of weeks, stating that the 16 core was going to be, I forget what, something like 4.3Ghz boost and he said straight up the 12 core would be 5Ghz. He's now since getting basically everything to do with Navi and this launch completely wrong, taken to twitter to defend himself and is now saying it was 5Ghz overclocks the 12 core will do. That Navi isn't the architecture he thought, the massive price differences, the lack of a 16 core... opps.
Jim's not the only one who still maintain there's 4.3GHz 16 core and 5GHz 12 core. RedGamingTech and Moore's Law Is Dead still hold to that because their sources still say so. I think Gamers Nexus also doubled-down on the 4.3GHz 16c and 5GHz 12c too, because that what their sources were telling them. So they all have the same source who is trolling the lot of them, AMD is trolling the leakers, or something significant cropped up out of the blue which altered AMD's plans.

Something significant like, say, Zombieland? So bear in mind that, yes, Jim and RGT Paul doubled down on the 5GHz 12 core a few weeks back but that was before Zombieland showed up. This is what I was trying to get at with my original post; things crop up out of the blue which change the game. How much performance are we losing on Intel now with Zombieland mitigations to the mix, or just turning off HT altogether? And with Intel chips now chugging along like an asthmatic ant with a heavy load of shopping, suddenly AMD's original competition target is lowered. Change the presentation, change the slides, change the script, don't show a 5GHz 12c for now. It's not needed.

Jim's not the only one who still maintain there's 4.3GHz 16 core and 5GHz 12 core. RedGamingTech and Moore's Law Is Dead still hold to that because their sources still say so. I think Gamers Nexus also doubled-down on the 4.3GHz 16c and 5GHz 12c too, because that what their sources were telling them. So they all have the same source who is trolling the lot of them, AMD is trolling the leakers, or something significant cropped up out of the blue which altered AMD's plans.

Something significant like, say, Zombieland? So bear in mind that, yes, Jim and RGT Paul doubled down on the 5GHz 12 core a few weeks back but that was before Zombieland showed up. This is what I was trying to get at with my original post; things crop up out of the blue which change the game. How much performance are we losing on Intel now with Zombieland mitigations to the mix? And with Intel chips now chugging along like an asthmatic ant with a heavy load of shopping, suddenly AMD's original competition target is lowered. Change the presentation, change the slides, change the script, don't show a 5GHz 12c for now. It's not needed.

There is a leaked score of a 16C core chip running at upto 4.25GHZ which AMD also demoed at the same presentation despite no 16C SKU being announced:
https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-16-core-zen-2-cpu-leak-overclock-benchmarks/

The thing is we don't have all the details about the Zen 2 CPUs and Navi GPUs right now,as AMD said more details will be released in the next few weeks.

There is a leaked score of a 16C core chip running at just over 4GHZ which AMD also demoed at the same presentatio. The thing is we don't have all the details about the Zen 2 CPUs and Navi GPUs right now,as AMD said more details will be released in the next few weeks.
I entirely agree. I know I can be an argumentative sod on these threads, but I'm not black and white. And it makes me chuckle and irks me in equal measure how a lot of this "Jim's a 4kin clickbait liar" is ridiculously black and white and largely wrong. There's a bigger picture that needs to be painted to bring scope to what we're only starting to see with Zen 2's products.

The names were there...

you mean with a 1800x, and a 2700x, there was a 3700x... omg, how did he ever come up with those names, it seems almost impossible for someone to add a 1 to the start of the previous numbers.

I mean, lets take this, what do you think the 10 core Intel chip will be called, a ZX64, a P9980, or you know, an i11 1190k?

The only thing missing were the actual models, the actual clock speeds, the date they'd announce, the date they'd launch... everything that a three year old couldn't guess the day the 1800x name came out?

RX5700 is less predictable because they've moved to a new architecture and a new naming scheme. Zen 3 following Zen 2/1 naming was a given.
I was referring to the clocks, boosts, and TDPs, with the names and prices being correct with eachother but not with the actual CPUs. You can argue that they are not all identical, but they aren't far off.

As for launches etc, it isn't just leaks that can be incorrect; we've had Intel telling us for years that they're launching 10nm CPUs, yet no sign of them other than woefully underperforming laptop 8121u (or whatever they called it). Products get delayed for any number of reasons. You cannot expect something to be perfectly correct as a leak if it is generated 7-8 months ahead of announcement, and 9-10 months ahead of release.

Its like you are intentionally being obtuse out of hatred of a YTer.
You should learn not to take every leak literally as being 100% accurate information, and maybe then you'll stop being an ass about someone that genuinely does try to at least make a case for why his sources are trustworthy.
What is funny is that every video of his actually comes with numerous occasions where he outright says that what he's saying should be taken with a healthy dose of salt. Instead, it seems you take a healthy dose of sour grapes. A bit pathetic really.
The guy is trying to make a living out of providing insight into something we're all interested in. No-one would intentionally lie if doing so ruined all future prospects.
Maybe he was naive in being too ready to trust his sources. Maybe not. We'll get a better picture when we know more about what is going on at an architectural level in due course. Either way, Zen 2 is due to be a monster even if the clocks aren't what was leaked; I don't recall him making monster IPC gain claims along with super clocks.

I think Gamers Nexus also doubled-down on the 4.3GHz 16c and 5GHz 12c too....

I've not watched all his content but IIRC he did say a 16c chip is definitely a thing but poured cold water on the 5Ghz leaks, i think his words were something along the lines of it just ain't happening.

I entirely agree. I know I can be an argumentative sod on these threads, but I'm not black and white. And it makes me chuckle and irks me in equal measure how a lot of this "Jim's a 4kin clickbait liar" is ridiculously black and white and largely wrong. There's a bigger picture that needs to be painted to bring scope to what we're only starting to see with Zen 2's products.

Well I slightly amended my post as the 16C was running at upto 4.25GHZ which is essentially 4.3GHZ,or thereabouts.

Oh you know that..... that makes sense now

DG Will still claim Intel is far superior and more innovative.

they might be. we still dont know yet. lets wait for benchmarks. then we will see the actual facts. not loyal amd fanboyism. you probably wont buy either anyway. your sitting on acient tech blasting this that. drop the brand loyalty. its far easier.

Back
Top Bottom