• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wow wtf... just checked my local store (non-UK) and very unexpectedly they have an updated delivery status of 03.12-05.12 for the 5900x for the same launch price of £450 (non-UK, converted). I ordered one so I hope it comes through... :eek::D

Is that £450 with or without tax? what are the VAT/sales tax rates where you live?

If it’s without tax or zero tax then it isn’t the best deal. With tax obviously depends on the rate charged.

Caporegime
Things are definitely looking hopeful this month! The other place are saying they "expect to be able to clear the pre-order queues of 5950X, 5800X and 5600X before the end of the year with the 5900X queue clear by WC 4th January."

Sadly the delivery date changed (grrr) to end of December, so I cancelled the order and will keep my money until they are more readily available. :)

Is that £450 with or without tax? what are the VAT/sales tax rates where you live?

If it’s without tax or zero tax then it isn’t the best deal. With tax obviously depends on the rate charged.

Don't worry about my prices, it was the cheapest in my country. :)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Sadly the delivery date changed (grrr) to end of December, so I cancelled the order and will keep my money until they are more readily available. :)

I had mentally prepared myself for February delivery, so I'm feeling pretty good about possibly getting mine by end of Dec, or very early Jan at worst. The memory I want has only just come back in stock, so my hands have been tied up to now in any case. Trying to find a 3080 now...

Soldato
AMD Sold Over 35,000 Ryzen 5000 & Ryzen 3000 CPUs While Intel Only Sold 5000 10th/9th Gen CPUs In November at MindFactory

That Intel mindshare in no more!

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-5000...l-10th-9th-gen-cpus-in-sales-figure-november/

c518ea0e7a12752e4e595ba77fc3dce7386e3bb49877fc365bc4855b2f6489f7.gif

Soldato
That’s only in the retail/DIY space which makes up a tiny fraction of the market which is frankly irrelevant. 40,000 CPUs is nothing. In the mobile space Intel stomps AMD in sales, that is a fact. I doubt AMD can even supply anything like the levels needed to dent intels market share.

I say that as an owner of a 5900X before you say I’m a fanboy...

Associate
With discounts on Intel CPUs and AMD shortages (and price rises on older CPUs on the retail market) are Intel the new kings of value for money CPUs?

If I could be bothered to return my B550 board and wasn't waiting on the NR200P case to come into stock anyway, I would probably just switch to an Intel build at this point.

Associate
That’s only in the retail/DIY space which makes up a tiny fraction of the market which is frankly irrelevant. 40,000 CPUs is nothing. In the mobile space Intel stomps AMD in sales, that is a fact. I doubt AMD can even supply anything like the levels needed to dent intels market share.

AMD is about to make Intel cry even more than they do atm with that field.
supply wafers is atm one issue for amd as they sell everything they make atm.
cant say the same for Intel.

Suspended

They are not doing as bad as you think. :)
Steam is packed full of people running old Intel systems, its AMD that have steady growth, not Intel, that means those old systems that are being replaced are being replaced by AMD much more than Intel.

Currently at 26% vs 73%. This time last year AMD were at 18%. They are growing at the rate of a percentage point a month.

rvMKMAw.png

Soldato
They are not doing as bad as you think. :)
Steam is packed full of people running old Intel systems, its AMD that have steady growth, not Intel, that means those old systems that are being replaced are being replaced by AMD much more than Intel.

Currently at 26% vs 73%. This time last year AMD were at 18%. They are growing at the rate of a percentage point a month.

rvMKMAw.png

I didn’t say they were doing badly, there doing great compared to a few years ago.

What I said was the DIY pc market is a tiny fraction of the market which is dominated by laptops. AMD simply can’t supply enough chips to take a big chunk of the market from Intel. The fact Intel lost Apple to Arm is a bigger blow to their market position than anything AMD is doing in the PC space currently. Apple alone represents 8-10% of the entire PC market share depending on where you look.

What I am trying to say is that Intel are not dieing, there not ‘on the ropes’ or going anywhere anytime soon. Can we please lose that mind set as it’s complete hyperbole.

Again to be clear AMD owner here but I also live in the real world.

Suspended
I didn’t say they were doing badly, there doing great compared to a few years ago.

What I said was the DIY pc market is a tiny fraction of the market which is dominated by laptops. AMD simply can’t supply enough chips to take a big chunk of the market from Intel. The fact Intel lost Apple to Arm is a bigger blow to their market position than anything AMD is doing in the PC space currently. Apple alone represents 8-10% of the entire PC market share depending on where you look.

What I am trying to say is that Intel are not dieing, there not ‘on the ropes’ or going anywhere anytime soon. Can we please lose that mind set as it’s complete hyperbole.

Again to be clear AMD owner here but I also live in the real world.

I never said Intel are dying or on the ropes. :)

Steam has a lot of prebuilds and laptops, its very difficult for AMD to show growth there as its a snapshot of what everyone already owns, a lot 10+ years old, they fact that they are, in a place also packed with prebuilds and laptops to me shows AMD are spreading like a cancer to Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom