• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performance per £ is mainly the reason I say to skip it. Once pricing gets better then that’s the time to re-evaluate.

Can't really skip it if your laptop is DDR5 though, which is why I mentioned the disparity between the pricing. I was asked to do a 32GB upgrade on a fancy new
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, and was surprised that it was only £175 for 32GB. Incidentally it'll run at 5600MT/s, and beyond with no extra voltage which again is pretty nice boost.

So you guys think the 5900X price will go any lower or is this the best it will get? More tempted than ever now after reading here about new gen teething issues, i want a 'stable' system. :)

I personally see £360 as a really good price considering i paid around £440 (after selling a couple of game codes) for my 3900X.

So you guys think the 5900X price will go any lower or is this the best it will get? More tempted than ever now after reading here about new gen teething issues, i want a 'stable' system. :)

I personally see £360 as a really good price considering i paid around £440 (after selling a couple of game codes) for my 3900X.

My guess would be that if they're matching it up with the 12700, it might, but the 5800X would have to fall as well.

All I will say is we are selling at huge losses compared to our cost, but of course AMD is supporting this by giving us a rebate, but once we calculate the rebate in were not making much, I just made the decision to make OcUK extremely competitive.

All I will say is we are selling at huge losses compared to our cost, but of course AMD is supporting this by giving us a rebate, but once we calculate the rebate in were not making much, I just made the decision to make OcUK extremely competitive.

Cheers Gibbo, the only thing that bothers me now is, will it work in my mobo? Its the MSI X470 Carbon AC and i read there is a Beta BIOS that works, have downloaded it already, but read a couple of people have issues with black screens after updating. Also had a power cut last night so that worries me a little bit for updating a BIOS lol

I shall search some more for any others that have had success with it in this board :)

EDIT.. any idea how long it'll be at this price? :p

AMD clearing out soon to be obsolete stock? ;)

Maybe so, but as with previous generations, they always clean out the old stock at discounted rates, then new stuff lands and everyone complains how expensive it is because its not discounted, because derrr its new.

You would think now people would know how the industry works.

MSRP on a 5900X is like £499, whatever replaces it will have a similar RRP, as such when AMD do the discounts it can make the older CPU truly a great buy and I'd certainly say a 5900X at these prices is indeed a great buy!

Yeah they are great prices. Paid £399 for a 5900X from you a week ago and regardless of the price drop I am happy with what I paid for it. Great value for 12 real cores :-)

Are you really gonna notice the difference while playing ? I don't understand why you would wanna swap when you already on 5950x :confused:

I have 5900x and not tempted at all

Maybe so, but as with previous generations, they always clean out the old stock at discounted rates, then new stuff lands and everyone complains how expensive it is because its not discounted, because derrr its new.

You would think now people would know how the industry works.

MSRP on a 5900X is like £499, whatever replaces it will have a similar RRP, as such when AMD do the discounts it can make the older CPU truly a great buy and I'd certainly say a 5900X at these prices is indeed a great buy!

Bet end of gen sales are great. :) Best time to buy.

I want to buy a 5800X3D, all these price drops mean I'm not going to get much for my 5950x.

Regret buying it for gaming. I thought I'd be future proofing myself lol

Yeah with the massive price cut to the 5950x financially it wouldn't even make sense to switch to zen4 unless it's like 40% faster

Last edited:
I want to buy a 5800X3D, all these price drops mean I'm not going to get much for my 5950x.

Regret buying it for gaming. I thought I'd be future proofing myself lol

5950x is already too slow :cry::confused: so I guess you will also be upgrading to zen 4 later in the year ?

I bet you will find it hard to actually notice the difference when you actually playing between the 5950x and 5800x3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom