• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check WCCF comments predominantly referring to AMDumbs ;) Safe to say both camps have their share of idiots!
I don't think I've seen many if any Intel users who seem to totally hate AMD though with such delusional bias.

it's funny because any article that even slightly has a dig at Intel they post on AMD_Stock even if it's from some crappy site or a twitter user with a thousand follows spreading a rumour.
I've never seen someone so emotionally invested in a stock before :cry:
any good intel news they put their hands in their ears and shout allalalalallalala

I;ve been trolling them for months about AMD stock price doing to 60-70$ and none of them would have it because its a 140$ stock etc, I bet the majority of them are bag holders for life, I remember the celebrations when AMD market capped topped Intels and I've been telling them ever since that was the time to sell :cry:

Tempted to upgrade but I game at 1440p/4K these days on a 3600X/3080. I’m guessing anything short of a 5800X3d wouldn’t really be worth it and even then I’d probably be GPU limited in most titles?

I'm probably going to hold out for the next round of AMD cpus with the 4000 series Nvidia cards - that way the 5000 series will be even lower in price 'I hope!' and also the 5000 series would make more of an impact with the new 4000 cards at very least. (I've also read that the 5800x3d isn't the last iteration of the series - whether that's true or not ... If there's a 5900x3d than that would be my final chip on this platform)

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen many if any Intel users who seem to totally hate AMD though with such delusional bias.

it's funny because any article that even slightly has a dig at Intel they post on AMD_Stock even if it's from some crappy site or a twitter user with a thousand follows spreading a rumour.
I've never seen someone so emotionally invested in a stock before :cry:
any good intel news they put their hands in their ears and shout allalalalallalala

I;ve been trolling them for months about AMD stock price doing to 60-70$ and none of them would have it because its a 140$ stock etc, I bet the majority of them are bag holders for life, I remember the celebrations when AMD market capped topped Intels and I've been telling them ever since that was the time to sell :cry:
You really need to read those GPU article comments then, be warned you may lose brain cells! Nvidia/Intel fans have been very vocal, totally blinkered, just like the AMD lot. It's the same mindset, it could be football or religion, politics whatever some people are just very tribal and will never have their mind changed. Lots on here who will never buy AMD ;)

Seems like that Tweet thing linked couldn't have been more wrong about Intel being the reason behind the decline, the numbers for the biggest retailer in the EU are out and since January when Intel had 43% vs AMD 57%, it's fell back to 37% for Intel and AMD up to 63% for June.

You can however see the massive decline in desktop/PC sales in general, the market really is in the doldrums, no wonder RAM is so cheap.

Also appears that Nvidia is going to be begging AMD to buy its TSMC 5nm wafer supply that they paid over the odds for due to this massive downturn, that really would be hilarious if it happened.

Last edited:
Seems like that Tweet thing linked couldn't have been more wrong about Intel being the reason behind the decline, the numbers for the biggest retailer in the EU are out and since January when Intel had 43% vs AMD 57%, it's fell back to 37% for Intel and AMD up to 63% for June.

You can however see the massive decline in desktop/PC sales in general, the market really is in the doldrums, no wonder RAM is so cheap.

Also appears that Nvidia is going to be begging AMD to buy its TSMC 5nm wafer supply that they paid over the odds for due to this massive downturn, that really would be hilarious if it happened.
it's a tiny sample size and proven to not be accurate in the grand scheme of things time and time again.
it's literally like taking overclockers sales stats and claiming thats the same for every country and every etailer.
you can take stats from cpuz, steam or anywhere else and see the real markeshare in desktops.

Rams cheap because people are trying to clear inventories before everyone switches to ddr5

Looks like AMD have pushed out another round of support or price cuts over the last few days/week. Prices dropping left, right and centre.

The PC slow down must be having a big impact on inventory balances, and not just on GPU's. Ironically as the cost of living goes up the cost to build a PC tumbles.

Looks like AMD have pushed out another round of support or price cuts over the last few days/week. Prices dropping left, right and centre.

The PC slow down must be having a big impact on inventory balances, and not just on GPU's. Ironically as the cost of living goes up the cost to build a PC tumbles.

Well keep them falling eventually they might be at MSRP and i can actually buy a GPU.

Intel cut prices by 5% again the other day so AMD are probably just following that.
I never saw intel prices go down in this country because of it though so I guess retailers are just taking the extra profits

Looks like another wave of discounts are hitting the AM4 based CPU's, or at least a good chunk of them, R5 5600 is looking like a bit of a bargain right now, and a couple of other SKU's as well. :)

Looks like another wave of discounts are hitting the AM4 based CPU's, or at least a good chunk of them, R5 5600 is looking like a bit of a bargain right now, and a couple of other SKU's as well. :)
Yeah saw the 5950X for £450 today and some of the other ones sub £200. I cannot build a new pc based on a lower one though when I'm taking the time to watercool it, I'd rather something that will last me longer.
5600G for £130 is very decent for a budget build though.

Last edited:
Even more tough call if you are building new, with a 5800X3D and a 12700K being the same price, and you only play games and are looking at higher end kit.

That is EXACTLY my case. Psychologically Intel is winning for me because obviously the AMD is now end of line despite the fact the CPU will last year's regardless.
It's one of those things where financially it makes more sense because of the DDR4, cheaper, motherboards, etc. But then you get the devil on your shoulder saying go for the LG 1700 because you'll get another gen of CPU and it's got a few extra bells and whistles.

To further complicate matters, the whole spend less on the CPU and more on the GPU doesn't apply in my case either because one wasn't going to be at the expense of the other.

I have looked at some benchmarks and even the 5600 performs fine at 4K. I'll just find it weird pairing something like that with a 40/3090.

I'm very susceptible to peer pressure though. If a load of people said a 5600 will be fine, just go for it. I'd be getting one later on

Last edited:
If building new system I would probably lean towards the 12700k with ddr4 board because you'll get another CPU on the platform

That was my line of thinking yes but with DDR5 just because. I've just seen the 5800X3d for £383 which is making it more difficult. I want to watercool so ideally want it to last as long as possible.

Psychologically Intel is winning
If you are leaning Intel, wait 2 months if possible. Raptor Lake is rumored to be released end of Sep and will be a clear improvement over 12th gen
With Zen 4 (also rumored Sep launch) there is no such clear prediction.
5800X3D may still remain on top in many games. Although what we know right now about Zen 4 - 8-10% IPC improvement, DDR5 and 10% higher clocks - should be enough to win.

If you are leaning Intel, wait 2 months if possible. Raptor Lake is rumored to be released end of Sep and will be a clear improvement over 12th gen
With Zen 4 (also rumored Sep launch) there is no such clear prediction.
5800X3D may still remain on top in many games. Although what we know right now about Zen 4 - 8-10% IPC improvement, DDR5 and 10% higher clocks - should be enough to win.

Yeah I think it may actually be prudent to do this. Normally I hate the wait option but as we are right between generations it probably is the option to go for.
I can satisfy my impulses by getting the generic water-cooling parts anyway

Yeah I think it may actually be prudent to do this. Normally I hate the wait option but as we are right between generations it probably is the option to go for.
I can satisfy my impulses by getting the generic water-cooling parts anyway

I'd say wait if you aren't in a hurry, then you can chose between the dead end LGA1700 platform, or the brand new AM5 platform with a potential 3-5 year life span for CPU upgrades. I certainly wouldn't be buying the overpriced 12700K's etc. right now, even the 12400 is approaching £200, while the R5 5600 is now down at £130, madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom