• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ampere owners - do you own a FE/reference or AIB model?

Ampere owners, do you own an FE or AIB Model?

• FE

Votes: 156 67.8%
  • AIB

Votes: 74 32.2%

• Total voters
Caporegime
As per subject title.

Be interesting to see just how many people on here own a FE, obviously we are a niche forum of "enthusiasts" so won't be representative for the mass majority of PC gamers.....

Soldato
3080FE, was no way I was gonna pay the silly AIB prices :) Also do really like quality build and design of the FE this time so thats a good bonus :D

Soldato
3080 Ti FE, undervolted, fast and quiet.

Well chuffed.

Would be more chuffed if it didn't cost me twice what I normally (I think those times are gone forever) pay for a GPU!

Was never, ever going to pay the extortionate AIB prices.

Associate
AiB the 3080 Gen 1 Aorus Master. Had it over 12 months and sent her straight to the mines. She's still mining stronk. I paid £950, but did buy 2x packs each or 1mm, 2mm and 3mm Priemum thermal pads. Made temps so much better.

Soldato
Palit 3070 Gaming Pro. Very grateful for Gibbo’s tipoff about stock levels on release day!! £512 seemed a touch steep at the time but looks a bargain in hindsight, especially as it’s been earning it’s keep when not gaming.

Associate
Had a 3080 FE earlier this year, on a 3090 AIB now, also refuse to pay extortionate prices, good thing Nvidia didn't forgot the UK market unlike a certain company.

Soldato
3090 Palit gamingpro on release day! Can't believe i've had this card for over a year already and it's still worth more than what i bought it for! Madness!

Soldato
3080 FE.

Cooler unit had an annoying fan noise. So forced me to watercool. Didn't want to spend effort returning, as it's a very good chip that underclocks nicely compared to some others Ive seen...

Associate
Most of the world are not part of the EU, so I've yet to see a valid reason why any company would choose not to sell their products in the UK.

Blaming brexit is pretty lazy argument tbh.

Caporegime
Most of the world are not part of the EU, so I've yet to see a valid reason why any company would choose not to sell their products in the UK.

Blaming brexit is pretty lazy argument tbh.
3-6 months to sort out supply lines and reinstate the UK shop would have been less than ideal, but understandable.

One whole year later and AMD showing no signs of ever reopening the UK shop?? Inexcusable, really.

Associate
I would think a lot of the folk who chose aib, are those who bought close to mrsp on release or waited in the OC queue.

Only a rich deluded gamer would pay £1500 for a aib 3080.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom