An age old question answered

Soldato
For literally decades I have been wondering who out my brother and I had the better Super Soaker as a kid. Now all my questions are answered as some absolute champion has tested and reviewed what seems to be every Super Soaker ever.

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_listing.php

Turns out I could, should and sadly didn't destroy my (older) brother with my bangin' CPS 1500 where he was stuck with a crappy XXP 275! A direct quote for you: "If there were something like a Rolls Royce among water guns, the CPS 1500 would be it" and, to avoid any and all doubt, "The CPS 1500 can outclass any XP or XXP weapon in terms of firepower."

So now you're all aware of this essential website - you're welcome.

Commissario
When I was a kid, we used to use fairy liquid bottles filled with water to squirt each other, that was if we couldn't afford to buy a water pistol from the shops at Clifton Hatch.

gHMf8oC.png

NVP

NVP

Soldato
No way, you are a legend!!

EAYjS8yl.jpg
This was mine!!! :D :D piece of crap had that seperate pressure compartment but it had split/cracked around the thread so it just dribbled down your arm the entire time of use hahaha :D loved it!

Soldato
When I was a kid, we used to use fairy liquid bottles filled with water to squirt each other, that was if we couldn't afford to buy a water pistol from the shops at Clifton Hatch.

gHMf8oC.png

Hah!

I remember having a couple of water-pistol type things like that image, all the other kids have super soakers that could shoot you from miles away. I just pretended I was the terminator and charged through it firing my silly little water handguns in dual-wield.

...At least I felt like a badass.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Super Soaker 50 gang.

Still got one here in a box somewhere I think!

Growing up I remember one kid had a

Mr. Regular said:
SEW FAUNSEH

one with a backpack that had the water reservoir in it. Only it never worked right, and just puked water out of every joint it had. After the third or fourth time, he got fed up of getting soaked and not being able to return fire, he threw a fit and never joined in again.

Associate
Brilliant site!

I had a CPS 1500 as well! The kids up on the next block (our sworn water fight enemies) all had the XP 70:

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis/1998/super_soaker_xp70.php

They felt pretty nice to use, a good all rounder. The CPS 1500 was like a howitzer in comparison though, we used to use the wheelie bins as cover on the back street but this thing felt/sounded like it was going to go through them. I distinctly remember blasting somebody in the face at close range in the midst of combat, then we all had to stop because he was crying and thought his glasses were broken :D

I also had this one:
http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis/1999/super_soaker_xp90.php

The burst fire mode was awesome and actually made a little pew pew noise, felt like I was laying down suppressing fire when I used it!

Man of Honour
7g2mphQ.jpg

Amazing site, haven't thought about my XP 270 in years! Can't believe that came out 20 years ago, makes me feel old!

I remember a couple rich kids with the CPS 1500, we were like lambs to the slaughter vs that monster.

Soldato
OP
Ha, the only reason I got one was because we visited a family friend who always had the best of everything and liked to show it. We got an absolute soaking as they had some modern for the time models and we had some original looking ones (no idea what model or anything, but slim looking onee) and I think my Mum took pity on us and took us to Argos that same day, it wasn't even a birthday coming up or anything (I remember it well).

I've also noticed that if you need about 50 close up photos per model of water being sprayed then this site has got you covered!

Soldato
No way, you are a legend!!

EAYjS8yl.jpg
This was mine!!! :D :D piece of crap had that seperate pressure compartment but it had split/cracked around the thread so it just dribbled down your arm the entire time of use hahaha :D loved it!
Yeah I had this one, though it was called a 500, rather than 100, oddly. Was pretty great

Back
Top Bottom