An Extreme makeover!

Soldato
Your neck and shoulders are going to ache for days :p just get as much rest as you can that's my only advice, though I can say that easily I could not go anywhere :D

Hows the knee swelling?

*Just looked at your latest pic, makes sense now, glad you didn't run into the back of your bike! Crash bungs are an odd one, save your bike on the tarmac but as soon as they touch grass your getting flipped :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Scort, not sure what you meant above by "lost the mods" but before your salvage guy appears, are you going to remove those Two Bros cans or had you already declared them to the insurers when you fitted them?. Just a thought. ;)

Everything was declared, even down to the stupid bits (tank protectors and removing the livery :p) - heard so many horror stories, I wouldn't risk anything!

Soldato
OP
Your neck and shoulders are going to ache for days :p just get as much rest as you can that's my only advice, though I can say that easily I could not go anywhere :D

Hows the knee swelling?

*Just looked at your latest pic, makes sense now, glad you didn't run into the back of your bike! Crash bungs are an odd one, save your bike on the tarmac but as soon as they touch grass your getting flipped :(

Knee looks smaller today, but that could jsut be me trying to think things better, I was strolling around George Whites for an hour and felt it when I stopped! Thankfully I can still drive, but I only did a short trip in the car, I wouldn't risk anything long!

When my mates arrived, they said the same thing, the bobbins probably caused the bike to flip due to digging in, otherwise the damage may not have been so bad - hey ho though, better safe than sorry I guess :)

Soldato
Only guessing here, looks like bike was sideways and rolled to get the scratches across the tank rather than from to back.

Soldato
Impressive bit of biffo there mate, looks like you got off relatively light as well injury wise. Bike's just a bike, as long as all your bits are still attached everything's ok.

Shame though, I did like your bike :(

Soldato
Well if it were stucked right in a blackthorn bush it would be pretty hard to get it out. Especially when there are thick hedges.

Soldato
OP
Impressive bit of biffo there mate, looks like you got off relatively light as well injury wise. Bike's just a bike, as long as all your bits are still attached everything's ok.

Shame though, I did like your bike :(

Yeah, I'll miss her for sure, but as you and others have said, it's just a bike - main thing is I'm here and still perfectly able, aches and pains are nothing, it could have been so much worse, so thanks to:

Shoe XR1100
One piece Spyke leathers
Aplinestars GP pro gloves
Know Ageis back protector
Forefield pro pants
Alpinestars Supertech R boots

Seriously, I swore never to ride without full kit after the 08 crash, and regardless of the heat or my plans for when I stop, I'll always don the above!

Soldato
OP
How did your kit fair up? going by the pics you didn't land on the road so no splits in the leather? did you hit your lid?

Kit stood up pretty well, leather was damaged, but the lid got dinged, so will need to be replaced - claimed for kit today, just waitin on the paper work now...

Bike is being picked up tomorrow :(

I do feel damn lucky though, if there had been a wall there and I hadn't slowed by the time I cleared that gravel drive, I may be spending some more time in hospital.... or worse.

Soldato
Bloody shame about the bike mate but at least your OK which is the main thing. Looking at thge state of the bike things could have been MUCH worse!

From the damage it looks like it has defo cartwheeled a bit. You can see there isnt just damage on the tank but also the rear sub frame is bent to hell where it has taken an almighty smack from above

Soldato
OP
Bloody shame about the bike mate but at least your OK which is the main thing. Looking at thge state of the bike things could have been MUCH worse!

From the damage it looks like it has defo cartwheeled a bit. You can see there isnt just damage on the tank but also the rear sub frame is bent to hell where it has taken an almighty smack from above

The rear subframe was cracked into about six pieces, so I’m guessing the arse end did indeed take a big wollop, but at least I’m still here :D

Where abouts did it happen mate?

Not sure the name of the road – runs from South Cerney to Bassett, sods law this happened really as the majority of the road prior had been slow moving due to the amount of cyclists – if only they had been on this corner too :p

Soldato
I would certainly think about buying it off the insurance company if the price is right though mate.

The subframe on that is detachable isnt it, not like the early ones which were one piece so will just be able to bolt on a new one.

I can see a tiny scratch on the swingarm but other then that no damage, frame also looks good, as does the forks.

Cheap tank and pre painted fairing kit from china and you could have the start of a very nice track bike there.

I stacked my R1 plenty of time, a couple of times the damage was a lot worse then yours and it got patched up then back on the road/track. They are very resiliant bikes.

Back
Top Bottom