• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AN UNMITIGATED DISASTER

fx1

fx1

Associate
OP
Amazing, Just had an email and i have moved 22 places....

At this rate the other 900+ people are going to be waiting a long time.

Soldato
Christ im still on an old 1080ti and its more than capable of running modern games well... I have to ask, does anyone really *NEED* a 3080/90?

On a 4k 120Hz monitor, yes you do. :D

Although I have to say, if I hadn't bagged my 3080 then I would be trotting along quite happily at 1440 with my 1080ti.

As @Kaapstad said, it's only a GPU. Mine won't even be powered up for the next couple of weeks :eek:

Man of Honour
so what are chances things are better with 3070 ? I really want to get one at the end of the month.

There should be more of them about as they use the smaller GA104 chip, unfortunately this will be cancelled out by an even higher demand than has been seen for the GA102 cards.

You may not see the above reflected on this forum but in the real world demand for the 3070 will be very high.

fx1

fx1

Associate
OP
There should be more of them about as they use the smaller GA104 chip, unfortunately this will be cancelled out by an even higher demand than has been seen for the GA102 cards.

You may not see the above reflected on this forum but in the real world demand for the 3070 will be very high.

why would there?

production lines are the issue as much as the chips.

Man of Honour
Don't think production lines are the problem, companies like Asus and EVGA are quite capable of producing non reference cards, all they need from NVidia are the GA102 and GA104 chips.

Yeah - even as an individual I could go out right now get 10,000 PCBs made up and time on pick and place machines, etc. to push out the boards themselves in a few days or so - getting hold of the cores and VRAM in sufficient quantities is another matter.

Man of Honour
Plenty of places with the production capabilities and capacity to rent if you have the money in terms of creating PCBs and placing components, etc. and even things like enclosure assembly - brackets, cooling, etc. - the bottlenecks are elsewhere.

IIRC Asus not long ago were making a big thing about their manufacturing facilities and how modern and efficient they were.

Back
Top Bottom