Analogue 3D

Do Analogue make these controllers?

Forgive an Analogue noob here but isnt the point to get away from using old cartridges for machines that both degrade over time and sky rocket in price?
I think it is more the aging hardware, cartridge slots, leaky capacitors and the old analogue signals being an issue, rather than the cartridges. Disks would definitely be an issue though. This is marketed at those who want to play that old console with a fresh skin and modern display options. Plus there are repros to cover those out of print rarities.

Edit: 8BITDO make the controllers, analogue sell them on their site and have done so with different FPGA consoles. I'd imagine you can buy them from the 8BITDO official store on Ali.

Last edited:
I think it is more the aging hardware, cartridge slots, leaky capacitors and the old analogue signals. Some may want to play that old console with a fresh skin and modern display options. Plus there are multi-carts and repros.

Edit: 8BITDO make the controllers, analogue sell them on their site and have done so with different FPGA consoles. I'd imagine you can buy them from the 8BITDO official store on Ali.
I bought a Megadrive and SNES a few years ago and built up a collection of games for both. Half the time I spent blowing on cartridges like I did in the 90s to get them to work :D

I'm opting to buy a MiSTer, I'd rather have more cores for similar money (less in fact).

I think the problem I have with this analogue is that the N64 (being great as a kid) and hasn't aged well.

I'm struggling to count on one hand the number of N64 titles I'd play.
MiSTer is king of the FPGA scene. As time has gone on the Analogue consoles have felt more and more niche than they already were. Sitting firmly as an enthusiast level product.

I agree, a lot of the early 3D stuff has aged terribly and plagued with resolution changes. Does make it a hard sell.

Do Analogue make these controllers?

Forgive an Analogue noob here but isnt the point to get away from using old cartridges for machines that both degrade over time and sky rocket in price?
Well the CEO of Analogue is the CMO of 8BitDo so there's a strong link between the two companies.

Back
Top Bottom