Anandtech has closed

I don't know why?
I'm not sure how having to endure 15 minutes of waffle and "a word from our sponsors" is more convenient than being able to skim read and jump to benchmark results etc
I loathe video reviews and guides most of the time, as you say it's much faster to read the information and only have a video or pictures if actually needed.

I used to religiously check HardOCP, this forum and then tomshardware but when HardOCP shut, although forums are still online, I just started stopping keeping up with IT news and just research what I need, when I need it. :(

I guess it's mentality like this that causes them to close down as well as people doing a lot of this in their spare time for free on YouTube. Yeah, they're not as in depth and detailed but there's only us major geeks that like that sort of detail, main stream people are happy with what they get on YouTube.

I don't know why?
I'm not sure how having to endure 15 minutes of waffle and "a word from our sponsors" is more convenient than being able to skim read and jump to benchmark results etc.

People will still read articles but it's nowhere near as financially viable as YouTube for ad revenue.

Last edited:
25 years ago(!!!) Anandtech and Tom’s Hardware were my go to sites for tech info particularly in the years I was building my own PCs and new motherboards and CPUs were exciting… Stopped visiting both those sites when they were sold to large media companies who then tried to monetise them disastrously.

Sad times, they actually had detailed Information about the hardware, architecture, design choices . Even when one vendors performance was clearly inferior they at least provided good insights i to design decisions and tradeoffs

I seem to remember less ads above, below, between and around the articles, that's probably why I stopped visiting reading reviews and Anandtech and others.

Last edited:
Sad news.

Anandtech generally had decent articles and good writers.

I'm another one who does not like video reviews. Give me an article I can skim read, with charts, any day.

Well a lot of sites exist purely off the backs of it's founder's cash and ad revenue, eventually the former gets unsustainable and the latter is currently in decline as brands realise they're wasting billions showing ads to bots.

Back
Top Bottom