**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
yup - its called supersampling, and its easy to change in the vive.
however - you need a beasty graphics card, ideally a gtx 1080 to run at 1.5x the normal rate and still achieve the crucial 90fps with no problem.
to do it comfortably you need a 1080ti.

expensive but totally worth it - makes a dramatic difference to visual quality.

O nice I may very well investigate getting that before I buy a house (Priorities and all that ha :D)

Associate
Those times are great! They didn't suddenly turn off autoclutch for everyone did they :)

It's now the 2nd fastest time (At least if someone beats mine :O) that 1:07.8 :p!

Is there a time better than that not updated on the leaderboard?

I'm going up for another go tomorrow, but those times are beastly. Would love to get on this track day, but it's looking very tricky.

Associate
Those times are great! They didn't suddenly turn off autoclutch for everyone did they :)

Is there a time better than that not updated on the leaderboard?

I'm going up for another go tomorrow, but those times are beastly. Would love to get on this track day, but it's looking very tricky.

Hehe yes, my time :p! I did 2 1:07.7's earlier :). Couldn't get the hairpin right at all though today, was worried I wasn't going to beat my time initially as I kept losing the rear! Best sectors put me where I was at home with a .5 a shame I couldn't put them together :(!

Associate
Hehe yes, my time :p! I did 2 1:07.7's earlier :). Couldn't get the hairpin right at all though today, was worried I wasn't going to beat my time initially as I kept losing the rear! Best sectors put me where I was at home with a .5 a shame I couldn't put them together :(!

Is that you at no 1 spot then? Or someone else? Just confused as to what time will need to be beaten to get on the leaderboard. If there's two sub 8s then 6th spot will need to be faster than 1:08.363.

Associate
Is that you at no 1 spot then? Or someone esle ?Just confused as to what time will need to be beaten to get on the leaderboard. If there's two sub 8s then 6th spot will need to be faster than 1:08.363.

I am already on the leaderboard with a 1:08.0 (M Hefferon) so the times are the same I think unless there was anyone who went ridiculously fast today as well :). But my time today was a 1:07.7 so I'm assuming that'll get updated :).

Associate
Have you done any laps auto clutch off and low fuel? I'd be intererested to see how low you can get. Sub 7 I would guess.

Associate
No, got bumped - managed a frankly average 1.09.4xx. Annoying as my default PB at home is 8 flat. And with autoclutch off / low fuel I've done 1.07.5xx. But the VR just seemed to ruin my ability / speed. I'm super impressed with the guys who are just a 10th or two off their home rig times, as I was way way off. I hit what felt like a couple of fast laps and they were anything but. Disappointing.

Associate
Have you done any laps auto clutch off and low fuel? I'd be intererested to see how low you can get. Sub 7 I would guess.

I haven't. I know I haven't been using the 50l at home and I know I can get a 07.4 with auto clutch. Without auto clutch it would be sub 7 though I'm pretty sure :).

Associate
Well I've been practicing tonight and hit a 1.07.767, all default. Mostly between 1.08.00 to 1.08.5xx though. No idea how I'll get on tomorrow. If my last trip is an indication that'll mean 1.09.200 ish. Bah:)

OcUK Staff
I am already on the leaderboard with a 1:08.0 (M Hefferon) so the times are the same I think unless there was anyone who went ridiculously fast today as well :). But my time today was a 1:07.7 so I'm assuming that'll get updated :).

If you came in yesterday it'll get updated some point today/tomorrow :)

Associate
If you came in yesterday it'll get updated some point today/tomorrow :)

:D, honestly I seriously enjoyed the whole VR experience. I was tempted on Friday to cancel my session on Monday as I thought a 1:08 dead may be enough. But then I was like "Heck, lets go again, it's great :D". Couldn't practice to much due to other Project Car races on Saturday and Sunday but you've made me want VR more and more haha!

Associate
I woke up ill and couldn't make the trip (not hungover, promise) If the 6th place stays at 1.08.7xx I'll be kicking myself, as I'm sure if I nailed a good lap I could've beaten that. Doubt I'd manage below an 1.08.3 on the VR rig though.

Gutted really cos I had my eye on this comp since it was announced, practiced a lot, and had no.1 on the leaderboard for a few days last week. After that I even arranged the 24th off work :) I know that sounds presumptious but I had to do that asap if I were in any way likely to make the track day.

I currently hold the actual WR on the PC leaderboard too - even more wounding :) Congrats to the guys who are going to make it through though, all mighty fast, and sounds like an awesome day.

Associate
I woke up ill and couldn't make the trip (not hungover, promise) If the 6th place stays at 1.08.7xx I'll be kicking myself, as I'm sure if I nailed a good lap I could've beaten that. Doubt I'd manage below an 1.08.3 on the VR rig though.

Gutted really cos I had my eye on this comp since it was announced, practiced a lot, and had no.1 on the leaderboard for a few days last week. After that I even arranged the 24th off work :) I know that sounds presumptious but I had to do that asap if I were in any way likely to make the track day.

I currently hold the actual WR on the PC leaderboard too - even more wounding :) Congrats to the guys who are going to make it through though, all mighty fast, and sounds like an awesome day.

Ah sorry to see @banja , get well soon.

@anderp would it be possible to get an update on times please, biting my nails here haha :D

OcUK Staff
ROUND 3 VR LEADERBOARD
1. M. HEFFERON = 1:07.753
2. M. GUATHER-THORNTON = 1:07.844
3. I. DEMES = 1:07.898
4. R. BARKER = 1:08.286
5. R. FOWLER = 1:08.363
6. E. BEWER = 1:08.786

UPDATES! GEEEEEEETCHA UPDATES HERE FOLKS!

If "M. Read" is on here, you literally need to make 0.2 seconds to be in the top 6 :)

Back
Top Bottom