**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

OcUK Staff
Yooooooooooooooooooooo. Times are updated. For those who don't wanna click back, see below

ROUND 3 VR LEADERBOARD
1. L. GALLIARD - 01:09:686
2. Y. GALLIARD - 01:12:714
3. P. CURRY - 01:13.900
4. A. MCKEOWN - 01:13.918
5. J. CURRY - 01:14.519
6. R. CURRY - 01:34.375

Associate
ROUND 3 VR LEADERBOARD

So it's mostly been 'family' block bookings so far has it?!? :D

OcUK Staff
ROUND 3 VR LEADERBOARD

So it's mostly been 'family' block bookings so far has it?!? :D

Lol it would seem that way, either way, there's a 20* second difference - so I'm anticipating either they'll return to make that up, or some folk's will slip in and the other two will get to gloat.

Last edited:
Associate
I feel there is more time to gain! I am going to use the telemetry app this week and hopefully find a few tenths.

Turn 6 seems to be my weak spot as the car becomes unsettled if I try to take it nearly full throttle, think I need to adjust my turn in point and balance the car better on the throttle.

I will be thoroughly checking the forums tomorrow for the updated times!

Looks like it won't need a thorough investigation into shaving tenths via the telemetry app.

Just rock up and set a mid to late 1.08 and you should be in with a shout.

Associate
The track you mean? It defo isn't! I wish it could have been this track for the last round!!

Don't be so sure. I went in and did my laps today - I was over a second off my PB on the VR rig. Was just getting my head round the whole thing and my 10 laps were over. If I have another go I might get a couple more tenths.

Associate
Don't be so sure. I went in and did my laps today - I was over a second off my PB on the VR rig. Was just getting my head round the whole thing and my 10 laps were over. If I have another go I might get a couple more tenths.

A second off your default settings PB?
So you got a 1.10 then?

I take it you haven't been on the HQ rig before?
Its a wheel twirling sonofa......... :eek:

Associate
A second off your default settings PB?
So you got a 1.10 then?

I take it you haven't been on the HQ rig before?
Its a wheel twirling sonofa......... :eek:

I've improved since the last time I posted my time. My default PB is now a mid 1.08.

By HQ do you mean headquarters? Was my first time on VR ever. I found the blurry res very difficult - I couldn't spot braking / turn in points very well at all. My first lap I was braking 100m too early :) Then I span about 3 times. Messed up a couple of laps good and proper. Hit two good ones and then it was all over bar the shouting :)

Associate
I've improved since the last time I posted my time. My default PB is now a mid 1.08.

By HQ do you mean headquarters? Was my first time on VR ever. I found the blurry res very difficult - I couldn't spot braking / turn in points very well at all. My first lap I was braking 100m too early :) Then I span about 3 times. Messed up a couple of laps good and proper. Hit two good ones and then it was all over bar the shouting :)

I had the same issues in the first round, more than a second off my home setup PB. Since then I picked up a Rift and even on my ageing system it's so much better than the OCUK HQ set up in terms of visual quality, but you do need to take the time to set it up properly. I was massively disappointed by the experience and initially put off buying one, but now I'm so glad I bought it, it's freakin awesome and as I only play racing sims it's the perfect setup for me.

Associate
I had the same issues in the first round, more than a second off my home setup PB. Since then I picked up a Rift and even on my ageing system it's so much better than the OCUK HQ set up in terms of visual quality, but you do need to take the time to set it up properly. I was massively disappointed by the experience and initially put off buying one, but now I'm so glad I bought it, it's freakin awesome and as I only play racing sims it's the perfect setup for me.

I assume it was the game settings themselves which weren't optimal? As the virtual room I sat in before the sim fired up was pretty jaw dropping. But yes I too was a little disappointed by the visuals - anything beyond about 30m in front of the car looked like mush compared to a standard monitor.

Associate
Think I might pop down next Tues / Wed to set a time.

1.07.5 is a nice time mathieugt :cool:

I think doing a sub 1.09 should be enough this time round. ( I hope anyway! ha )

Would love a go in a clio cup car!

Back when I owned my 2006 1.2 clio, I remember it handled brilliantly on a fresh set of michelins. Trail braking into corners trying to keep up with an evo 5 was the highlight of my ownership :D ha

OcUK Staff
Leaderboard has once again been updated, rather close between position 1 and 2, same for 3-6 :)

ROUND 3 VR LEADERBOARD
1. R DALY - 1:09.443
2. L. GALLIARD - 01:09:686
3. Y. GALLIARD - 01:12:714
4. P. CURRY - 01:13.900
5. A. MCKEOWN - 01:13.918
6. J. CURRY - 01:14.519

Associate
Thanks! It's on PS4 with default setup and autoclutch on. Autoclutch off round here is worth about 4 tenths but i'm going with it on as I think that's what it was like at OC.

Yep auto clutch was on I'm sure. The two long straights give you quite a bit more speed, shifting flat to the floor no clutch, I think I'm at least .5 sec faster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom