Annual clothing budget blown in a week.

Associate
I really can't be a***d buying clothes. Only do it when I need to. When rips, tears and wear, or my expanding belly forces the issue. Rather spend my money on my pc or techy gizmos.

Last week I bought two short sleeved shirts and a pair of jeans from Amazon. Cost me a total of £52. Extravagant? Moi?

Previously, last time I bought a shirt was 4 years ago. Jeans, 5 years ago.

Thank goodness I get my socks and underpants given at christmas.

So what's your annual clothing budget?

I regularly buy T-Shirts and the wife moans about the amount I have, just had delivered a Euro 1996 Grey shirt that apparently I didn't need, other than that just buy when needed

If I need it, I'll buy it - no set budget.

Rare I'll see clothing I like and go "must have", bought x2 pairs of trainers last month but before that I don't think I'd bought trainers for a couple of years.

Yeah hard to say an annual budjet.. Buy stuff as needed... Probably spent several hundred last year but will probably spend next to nothing this year, etc.

Probably about £250 a year? Most stuff doesn’t really wear out that badly. Usually buy a few new shirts a year, especially for going out.

Last edited:
New underwear, that’s it this year :p

That’s £25 more than I usually spend. I nearly passed out when I saw the cost, the same pack used to be about £12!

And apparently the Ralph Lauren top that I’ve owned for about 8 years is now back in fashion, I keep getting complimented on it. I’ve worn it for years and no one has noticed, I guess it’s been on tik tok or some such.

Could do with some new Nike Airs, but my wife will hopefully buy those for me.

Last edited:
New socks, new underwear once a year to refresh them. Other than that, every few years a new coat and perhaps a new hoody and new jeans when they wear out.

I can't say I spend that much on clothes, I used to but not anymore. It's more function over form for me these days.

edit - a new pair of trainers perhaps once a year when they are worn.

Last edited:
£100 pound per month... and I go way over it...
I have a wall to wall wardrobe full in the spare room, tubs of clothes in the loft and of course my wardrobe and double chest of draws in my bed room.

Silly thing is that have packs and packs of new socks and pants and for 5 days a week I don't tend to wear them. lol

Back
Top Bottom