Annual clothing budget blown in a week.

Soldato
Went into town to get a parsnip as our village supermarket haven’t had a delivery of them in weeks.

Ended up getting a true religion t shirt, Columba jacket, a causal shirt and sweater that I think I’ve already purchased.. if I have got it already, I just gift it to my brother..

At least I picked up the parsnip, white carrot for my stew next week.. also picked up some staty sauce and a lemon which I kept forgetting about lol

Soldato
I did splash out on a pair of jeans and was so pleased with them bought two more pairs so thats my £45 for this year .
I do need some slippers for this winter coming so will splash out at Lambland.

Caporegime
probably only a few hundred quid a year, I keep clothes until they get holes or whatever.

a lot of my jeans are about 10 year olds, I just keep dyeing them, the ones you get in shops these days seem to be crappy material that won't last a year.

I walk a silly amount though and probably get through about 400 quid worth of trainers in a year, they still look great but the grip goes smooth...

nothings designed to last

Last edited:
Soldato
I hear you but people seem to be making a really basic link for not buying clothes often with being scruffy. You can buy nice stuff and it still lasts you years if you don't become too fat or too thin etc.
That said, I do not like wearing formal clothing and luckily there is no situation where I need to.

It's more the lack of care. I don't buy clothes particularly often. I always wear the same thing casually, more or less - blank jeans and a white t-shirt, but I like them to be nice.

Soldato
A forum full of middle aged nerds not caring what they look like, who could have guessed !

Speak for yourself, I like to think I dress quite decently, I spend money on clothes when needed. and shoes also... if someone has cheap battered fake leather shoes, it's obvious, as you'll look like a tramp!

Always look at the shoes a person is wearing, be it trainers or dress shoes, if they are stained and scruffy it's not a good look.

Also when it comes to shoes, it really is "buy cheap" "buy twice".

I used to buy 'office' shoes for about £40 a pop, but they drop to bits and look like crap after 6 months.

It's a false economy, youre better off spending a bit more for something that doesn't get ruined in a matter of months.

Caporegime
I buy what I want when I need no budget.

I have a bit of a shoe size problem EU50/51 so if I find something I like in my size I'll usually buy 2 pairs.

I just bought 2 pairs of Nike trainers... I don't even wear trainers :p but they were my size....

Soldato
i have a thing for linen shirts but i pick those up from charity shops when i rarely see them , nearly all my clothes are gifts or charity shop ,example 80 quid (i have a us keyboard, where's the pound ?) Rohan shirt as new 4 quid.
I do really need some summer weight combat/cargo trousers maybe walking trousers so that will be my next new item i think, i hate the stretch or close fit ones give me comfort

Soldato
Two pairs of lightweight walking trousers and a light fleece top £69.95 from mountain warehouse. Will last the summer through with the Tee shirts I already have.

My winter wardrobe is hanging on the rail mainly fleeces and lined trousers.I'm a creature of habit.

Back
Top Bottom