Another free computer

Associate
I still have my 2500k as my main pc, although I've upgraded the gfx and added an SSD since I bought it.

Modern PC gaming is far too expensive at the moment and I'm not into consoles at all. When this eventually bites the dust I think that I'll bin gaming off entirely.

Caporegime
Modern PC gaming is far too expensive at the moment and I'm not into consoles at all. When this eventually bites the dust I think that I'll bin gaming off entirely.
yea no games are coming out any more... just indie and early access crap or online centric stuff.

may as well buy a console if you want to do anything other than multiplayer.

PC got too expensive and stale, it wasn't tat long ago you could buy a gaming PC for the price of a console +200-300 now it's like 4x the price of a console

Associate
OP
Have you found out the CPU and all the other parts yet?
I have been busy over the past few days so I haven't checked. I did check in the BIOS but there wasn't enough detailed information on the processor other than 3.10 GHz per core I will check it in Windows 10.

I still have my 2500k as my main pc, although I've upgraded the gfx and added an SSD since I bought it.

Desktop PC's are on there way out to becoming obsolete, its all games consoles and portable touchscreen devices these days. I prefer having the game on a disk rather than having to play something online like Steam. I've never used Steam but I would like GTA5 and be able to have it physically on a Blu-ray disk or something where I can install it to a computer and play it with no messing about..

Associate
its all games consoles and portable touchscreen devices these days.

I'll grant that these are hugely popular, especially with younger people.

However I disagree that
Desktop PC's are on there way out to becoming obsolete,

PC building is more popular than ever, just look at the number of devoted YT channels, parts availability, 3rd party items like custom cabling, etc. The range of hardware is bigger than ever too - more models of mobo available for each platform etc.

The need for PCs for productivity uses will keep the PC gaming world running strong.

Associate
OP
I'm going to look for a few more free PC's and see what they have inside. Its incredible the amount of waste there is literally millions of pounds worth wasted in what could be re-used. Maybe I might find a PC that is capable of running GTA5. Some of these computers that get chucked away are pretty decent with good specs.

Back
Top Bottom