Another tyre test review.

Soldato
Aye, me too. A few people on here I've seen have used them and rate them highly.

I guess with tyre choices its about deciding what you want from the tyre. You can't get something that is jack of all trades.

Soldato
I'm also a big toyo fan, found the T1-s grat in wet and good in dry and the T1-R's are even better in the wet and grat in the dry. I like them a lot!

hmmm maybe check out those goodyears?? problem is my rears last me ages and fronts last about 6 - 8 months :D and I dont like mixing. my rears are only 4 months old

Man of Honour
The entire test is fixed, and a complete lie. I don't care what the professional testers think with their detailed test - Eagle F1's are rubbish, I know this to be true becuase some guy in a Saxo broke one once.

DONT BUY THEM - BUY SOME PROXES INSTEAD EVEN THOUGH THEY CAME LAST!

In fact, the Proxes never placed higher than eighth in any test, and in two dry tests, the autocross and the skidpad, the Toyo finished last, trailing the top finishers by significant margins. In some tests it felt better than it actually was performing, but overall, Geswein noted it was "soft and imprecise" and didn't "feel like a sport tire."

mmmm, best buy some of these lads, miles better than the F1's, did you know F1 sidewalls are made from SPONGE? I know its true becuase a guy on a forum said so :D

Odd to see the Potenza RE050's sucking as well..

Soldato
I am thinking about some new tyres fairly soon on my car. Now i would like the Eagle F1's but i cant justify paying £65.70 for them compared to £46.90 for the Toyo T1-R's. Especially with the comments being said in the replies here seems to be that T1-R's seem quite good, and you cant complain at the price! (£75 cheaper overall) Also i know someone with the T1-R's on his car, he really liked them for his 420 gsi.

Its a nice review layout, i liked it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Some people on this forum think F1's are rubbish and even go so far as to say they are dangerous. They actually reckon that the tyre has a high possibility of splitting open during regular sporting driving - they genuinelly think a tyre manufacturer would be allowed to market and sell a high performance tyre that would have such a critical safety flaw. Furthermore, they say its not a performance tyre - I'm not sure what they think it is, perhaps a Banana or a Nissan Micra tyre.

They know this becuase a) some guys on a forum whinged about this and b) GT3_GOD drives his Saxo like he's just stolen it, and had one of them split under cornering. He likes to constantly post the pictures of this as proof they suck, but of course, the pictures don't give us any idea why they happened and it could have been as simple as a damaged sidewall like the one you had that time...

So, The F1's continue to win every single tyre test they are ever featured in, the Proxes get slated, but obviously we know this to be lies becuase the F1 has a 'soft sidewall' and might 'blow up at any moment'.

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Hang on lets all ignore peoples actual experiences of a tyre and go by some review where they were driven round for an hour or so. Conclusive evidence the tyre must be long-lasting eh ;)

My yokohomas are standing up to some hard abuse, why couldn't the Goodyears :p

Soldato
GT3 said:
Hang on lets all ignore peoples actual experiences of a tyre and go by some review where they were driven round for an hour or so. Conclusive evidence the tyre must be long-lasting eh ;)

My yokohomas are standing up to some hard abuse, why couldn't the Goodyears :p

Because the compound is softer for better grip... it means they wear faster.

:)

Back
Top Bottom