Anova Precision Cooker - cook sous vide with your iPhone.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
So when is biggest pot not big enough..... When you buy Anova (I have a nano)

What do you folk use aside from traditional pots.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Will pick up a ice box in a car boot if i find one. RIP off UK springs to mind atm silly prices.

As for the Anova..... Why the hell did i wait to get one, just done a couple of chicken breasts and it`s amazing, really surprised how good it is tbh.

Soldato
Tried a new sear. Brushed cooked steak with thin layer of mayo and salt then used a blowtorch. Actually worked out pretty well. Nice taste, almost slightly BBQ and a lot easier than getting the BBQ chimney lighter out.

50 degrees for 90mins if interested.

tTZB4kA.jpg

Associate
Flat slab piece I believe, it's at the in-laws' so I haven't actually seen what I'll be working with. 55 sounds good and what I'd use for rib eye. Reckon 4h should do it? There seems to be such a plethora of timings and they typically use American cut names

So this got served alongside turkey legs for Xmas dinner last night.
24h for the turkey in a cool box at 65C, then got up at 5am to put the beef in, down to 60c. Bit on the medium side for the beef but I was more keen on getting the bird right, the beef was just an extra. Turned out perfectly juicy and tender medium. Was 1.8kg of Salmon cut topside.

Soldato
So i was gifted an Anova for Christmas, now i need to get some bits to use it.

what sealer and rolls are people using as well as what pots? We don't have any particularly deep pots not sure whether to grab a decent deep pasta pot or go down another route?

Soldato
I'm using a Sous Vide Supreme VS3000 sealer. For bags I always use Sous Vide Supreme but usually buy a roll and then make my own bags rather than buying premade bags. I've tried cheaper rolls but found that they didn't seal very well.

Associate
So i was gifted an Anova for Christmas, now i need to get some bits to use it.

what sealer and rolls are people using as well as what pots? We don't have any particularly deep pots not sure whether to grab a decent deep pasta pot or go down another route?

I'm using an aicok vacuum sealer off Amazon, which has worked without issue for the last year.

Rolls are from sous vide tools, also off amazon - I tend to go through far more of the 20cm rolls than the larger 30cm ones.
Grab yourself a decent pasta or stock pot, it's more than large enough for majority of cuts, only time I needed something larger for a bigger joint I used a bucket :eek:

Soldato
I'm using an aicok vacuum sealer off Amazon, which has worked without issue for the last year.

Rolls are from sous vide tools, also off amazon - I tend to go through far more of the 20cm rolls than the larger 30cm ones.
Grab yourself a decent pasta or stock pot, it's more than large enough for majority of cuts, only time I needed something larger for a bigger joint I used a bucket :eek:

Ah that's good to hear I presume it's the black one from amazon? I went with that in the end and I got a c10 with the cut out. It was expensive but one day I'll grab the racks made for it to make cooking a lot at once easier .

Now to find some good recipes to try .

Soldato
Anyone done a celeriac puree? I'm doing a venison wellington for new years, thinking of doing sv carrots (griddled afterwards) and a celeriac puree. Just realised I might be able to do the celeriac in the SV too?

Soldato
https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/celery-root-puree

I'm going to do a caramelised celeriac puree for NYE with beef fillet SV :)
Hmn thanks but unfortunately I was unable to find a celeriac! (Weird I thought it was a winter veg). I opted for some parsnips but I'm actually trying to reduce dairy (or rather our guests are). I had found a vegan celeriac puree with coconut milk - - Reckon I could try that with parsnips? :confused:

Permabanned
Just LOL at cooking things in plastic bags. No thanks, enjoy your leached chemicals!

Also lol at 36hrs cook time... Not sure if people are in reality or not with this fad?

Back
Top Bottom