• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Any coil whine on your 1080 or 1070?

Do you have any coil whine on your 1080 or 1070?

• Yes

Votes: 76 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 158 67.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme with corsair cs750m here, no coil whine unless the card is pushing stupid framerates (heaven splash screen etc), and even then it's barely noticeable.

Associate
Only just installed my EVGA 1070 FTW today, so far I have heard nothing from it, my case fans are louder, can't seem to hear any coil whine at all.

Current PSU is a Seasonic X-650.

Associate
A Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC I bought had this and it was very loud, was returned and the refund should be back in my account today actually.

Thanks for reminding me, debating whether to try Gainward or MSI next, both are around £620.

Associate
I got coil whine with my EVGA GTX 1070 FTW under some games (E.x.: Simcity, Cities Skylines, Battlefield 1), with framerates around 80-100 and v-sync on (144hz monitor).
PSU: Corsair RM650X.

I returned the card and got an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW instead.
It has exactly the same coil whine, so I'm starting to think that this is "normal".

But I can hear the coil whine easily from the other room (5 meters away) though my rig is not in a case right now, but this is not acceptable.

Associate
MSI Seahawk with EK back plate...

aewful coil whine that puts me of gaming.. prolly doesn't help i have a P5 case so it open air but still 800 pound card sound like i'm strangling a baby kitten at 144hz

Associate
Palit GTX1070 Gamerock Premium. No coil whine during normal use. If the frame rate goes high (> 150fps) there is a tiny amount.

Voted "No" due to the fact that the card is silent during normal use (up to 144Hz on a G-Sync monitor). If I make it whine, the noise is very quiet anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
I have voted no because I cannot hear it during normal gaming use or in oc state.. It's a msi gtx 1070 gaming x which is near silent and the psu is corsair ax 760.

At the end of heaven bench it's barley audible so that's how I know its a good one. Every card I have had before this would be pretty loud at that point.

Man of Honour
Seasonic 860w Platinum with Palit Dual 1070 - barely even know the GPU is in there both from minimal fan noise and no coil whine.

Back
Top Bottom