Any fans of Louis Theroux here?

Associate
3 new ones - "Altered States". First one aired last night (BBC2 21:00)

1. Polyamory (multiple partners)
2. Parents putting their babies up for adoption
3. Terminal illness

Note sure if that's the exact airing order, but those are the subjects. I didn't watch the first one live and need to watch it on catch up, but I can't say the subject matter is particularly intriguing, especially compared to the other 2. I'm looking forward to those 2 though. Some of his recent docs with more serious subject matters are quite powerful and have poignant moments like dementia, autism and Edge of Life (which I think was also terminal patients?)

Last edited:
Soldato
pretty good; an eye opener on the state of consent trainining in USA universities I had not seen before, which gives more background on #metoo

but, I thought the pricipal protaganist saif was not very credible, the girl had been sick twice and he still thought she was capable of consent,
his mastery of English, and I felt moral compass, due to Afgan immigrant status/upbringing, looked seriously off kilter, he seemed to have been exploited by 3rd party finance of lawyers for his defense, to their own ends.

Soldato
Anyone else see The Night in Question? That Saif(?) character came off as a complete sociopath. I very much doubt his version of events.

Soldato
Anyone else see The Night in Question? That Saif(?) character came off as a complete sociopath. I very much doubt his version of events.

I caught the last half of it - I definitely agree, got some serious psycho vibes from him!

Caporegime
Saif was a complete bull*******, didn't take a body language expert to figure that one out. Louis seemed to see through him straight away.

The 2 allegations against the other American kid seemed like complete non-stories and a waste of time. Probably quite lucky his mother worked in the field of law though as you could see she'd done a lot of the paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom