• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

The 7700XT appears to have dropped in price to match the 4060 Ti 16GB, £430, if the price drops further then a £70-£80 price gap, with the £7800XT, would make it a more appealing choice for many gamers.

The 7700XT outperforms the 4060Ti 16GB in raterisation performance and in RT just behind the 4060 Ti, or ties with it, in both 1080P and 1440P.

If it was not for the stupid launch price it would have been considered the better card.

If the 7700XT price drops further, then AMD may end up dominating the Mid-Range completely, especially if FSR 3 lives up to the AMD hype.

So my 7800XT has been dispatched, yay!

The last AMD card I had I’m pretty sure was still ATI, so what’s the general procedure to swap an NVIDIA card for an AMD card? Is it just run ddu before shutting down, swapping the card and then downloading the latest AMD drivers?

Lmao less than week after launch with a price drop

7700xt = waste of sand
So was the 7900XT at launch but as the price dropped, it became worth buying.

More than likely in a few months the price gap between the 7800XT and the 7700XT will widen and the 7700XT will be worth a look as well.

The last AMD card I had I’m pretty sure was still ATI, so what’s the general procedure to swap an NVIDIA card for an AMD card? Is it just run ddu before shutting down, swapping the card and then downloading the latest AMD drivers?
The DDU's creators guide can be found here,

Uninstall the main Nvidia package. Do not uninstall things like Physx, as certain games still need it.

Install AMD drivers, perform a clean install.

Done.

Marvel at cool things like this.

Gg5yRFM.png

The DDU's creators guide can be found here,

Cheers will have a nosey!

No. In my experience it can do more harm than good.

I have switched three PCs from Nvid to AMD now, and each time I didn't use it. You may get a low clock until you reboot but that is about it.

Like I said, removing certain parts of the Nvidia driver can stop games working.

No. In my experience it can do more harm than good.

I have switched three PCs from Nvid to AMD now, and each time I didn't use it. You may get a low clock until you reboot but that is about it.

Like I said, removing certain parts of the Nvidia driver can stop games working.
Very interesting, cheers for the tip!

The 7700XT appears to have dropped in price to match the 4060 Ti 16GB, £430, if the price drops further then a £70-£80 price gap, with the £7800XT, would make it a more appealing choice for many gamers.
I don't disagree that it would be appealing but comparing it to the most pointless Nvidia card to ever exist seems, well... Pointless. :)

Last edited:
So was the 7900XT at launch but as the price dropped, it became worth buying.

More than likely in a few months the price gap between the 7800XT and the 7700XT will widen and the 7700XT will be worth a look as well.
launch and down the line changes price points due to demand
people really jump to buy these cards

Lmao less than week after launch with a price drop

7700xt = waste of sand

Interesting take. Though basically you are trying to do some anti AMD trolling. The thing is your attempt was quite amateurish truth be told. Here’s how I would take a well aimed dig at AMD on this issue.

Way to go AMD, your idiotic pricing of the 7700 XT failed and you were told about this when these prices were announced.

So now for my theory on this price drop. Why, because your upsell for the 7800 XT worked too well and there are none available anywhere near MSRP. People don’t want a 7700 XT but they can’t get a 7800 XT.

Hmm, actually maybe AMD executed this perfectly. Up-sell the early adopters so the 7800 XT sells out, reduce price of the 7700 XT and then they sell like hot cakes. £430 for a GPU faster than a 2080Ti and a Starfield bundle.

Last edited:
It’s already the best value GPU on the market IMHO but more price drops would be the icing on the cake.
I don’t think it’s there yet as even a 4060ti priced at £350 compared to the cheapest 7700XT at £430 is a 23% price increase for just a 14% performance increase.

I don’t think it’s there yet as even a 4060ti priced at £350 compared to the cheapest 7700XT at £430 is a 23% price increase for just a 14% performance increase.
£350 for an 8GB card is hard to swallow in 2023 though. Same with the 4070's 12GB: versus the 7800 XT, in theory 4-5% slower for 50W less isn't a bad, but 12GB is too little for £500+ at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom