• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

MBAs do look good though imo but enjoy the Pulse- cracking card worth a bit more for better noise and cooling.

Couldn’t resist showing you mine (I’ve posted this before so sorry for those folks eyes!)

URWCvb8.jpg
I love how *solid* the MBA cards are, just mini-tanks!! As good as the FE's are imo, just in a different way :cool:

You can get a decent card for less than a third of that, as this thread has shown.

And console? XBOX X drops below 30 fps in Starfield; PS5 drops to 18fps in BG3. So the current consoles - which cost hundreds of pounds - aren't much of a solution either. ;)
Yes I agree. One vivid moment i remember,is playing Gears of war on 360 for ages,then I fired it up on I think a 3850 or 4850. The jump from 720p/30 to 1080p/60 was a proper wow moment. That's when I played almost everything on PC,until the prices went nuts,and I bowed out.

Yes I agree. One vivid moment i remember,is playing Gears of war on 360 for ages,then I fired it up on I think a 3850 or 4850. The jump from 720p/30 to 1080p/60 was a proper wow moment. That's when I played almost everything on PC,until the prices went nuts,and I bowed out.

I played Ghost of Tsushima in the PS5 at 4K 60Hz and was very impressed. One of the best games I have played in years. So it is possible to have good visuals on a console. The PC master race crap has been a load of ****** for years. :D

Last edited:
I played Ghost of Tsushima in the PS5 at 4K 60Hz and was very impressed. One of the best games I have played in years. So it is possible to have good visuals on a console. The PC master race crap has been a load of ****** for years. :D
I played Ghost of Tsushima, GoW: Ragnarok, Horizon: Forbidden West and both Spiderman games on the PS4 Pro at 2K 60Hz and was very impressed. Some of the best games I have played in years. So it is possible to have good visuals on a console. The PS5 master race crap has been a load of ****** for years. :D

The funny thing is visual wise its is ps4 pro game as they never upgraded them for the ps5. All they did for ps5 was give it 4k 60fps, faster loads which are almost instant and changed the controls. I gave it the Platinum treatment as i loved the game and as you say it still looks great for a last gen title.

I played Ghost of Tsushima, GoW: Ragnarok, Horizon: Forbidden West and both Spiderman games on the PS4 Pro at 2K 60Hz and was very impressed. Some of the best games I have played in years. So it is possible to have good visuals on a console. The PS5 master race crap has been a load of ****** for years. :D
I tried GoT when i got my PS5 last year but bounced off it within an hour. It’s very pretty but, as is often the case with PS5 games, it seems to take an age for the actual game to get going - which i realise is just my own impatience. What little gaming time i have i would rather not spend watching cut scenes or needless exposition (even as i type this I’m thinking ‘but you’re happy to spend hours opening lockers in Starfield’ :rolleyes: )
Really enjoyed Spidey MM though, one of the few games i actually finished in ages - cracking game. I still need to play the original.

I tried GoT when i got my PS5 last year but bounced off it within an hour. It’s very pretty but, as is often the case with PS5 games, it seems to take an age for the actual game to get going - which i realise is just my own impatience. What little gaming time i have i would rather not spend watching cut scenes or needless exposition (even as i type this I’m thinking ‘but you’re happy to spend hours opening lockers in Starfield’ :rolleyes: )
Really enjoyed Spidey MM though, one of the few games i actually finished in ages - cracking game. I still need to play the original.
I am the opposite of you. Initially i want as much cut scene's and story to get me engaged into the game and know why i am doing what i am doing. The best RPG's for me have a strong base in the story. It's a bit like watching a good film if there is no plot and character building no point in watching for me so i don't turn off after five minutes.

I am the opposite of you. Initially i want as much cut scene's and story to get me engaged into the game and know why i am doing what i am doing. The best RPG's for me have a strong base in the story. It's a bit like watching a good film if there is no plot and character building no point in watching for me so i don't turn off after five minutes.

I do enjoy story driven games and Sony’s studios excel in this. I think, in general, I just need it to grab me earlier than you do otherwise my interest begins to wane. Which is a shame because I’m missing out in some cases but such is life. Unskippable cutscenes are the bane of my gaming time - in too many games the writing isn’t great anyway so I begrudge being forced to watch them.

I do enjoy story driven games and Sony’s studios excel in this. I think, in general, I just need it to grab me earlier than you do otherwise my interest begins to wane. Which is a shame because I’m missing out in some cases but such is life. Unskippable cutscenes are the bane of my gaming time - in too many games the writing isn’t great anyway so I begrudge being forced to watch them.
Yea it can take a while for a game to get me there so i tend to give games a good chance these days. It has been worth it though as it leads to many happy game hours. It didn't take long for me with GOT as i grew up on Kung Fu, Ninja and Samurai movies so the setting and the action was always gonna be good for me.

You can always go back especially if they ever make a second one.

Last edited:
I believe the Starfield Tax has another month to run. After that, the drops will be more persistent. ;)

I was considering a 7800X3D, motherboard and a 7900XT or 7900 XTX. I did the usual thing I do where I add it to cart and then have a think about it but the price of the GPUs were constantly changing.

It just made me want to throw my hands up in the air and say "**** it. I'm out." So I did.

It's not like there are any AAAmateur games worth playing anyway.

I don’t know why they choose the green tint and rubbish black levels for star field. Once I installed the mod it looks so much better.
thats Bethesda for you, Morrowwind, Oblivion, skyrim, Fallout 3 and 4 all were bland baseline.
Elderscrolls online looks more colourful then them all and isnt actually made by the core bethesda team funny enough.

This res is about 7.3 million pixels so nearly 4k which is a tad over 8 million. So for star field you would need upscaling or optimised settings.

Back
Top Bottom