1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Nissan Or Mitsubishi Pickup Owners On Here?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Terminal_Boy, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

Hope that’s easily fixed.

I really like the Renault badged version of the Navara (Alaskan), but even the oldest used ones go for over €30K which is way more than I’d foolishly hoped to spend.

2. Rroff

Man of Honour

Yeah me to - I got a good price on this and really like the vehicle overall to be fair but it has already been a bit of hassle. If I decide to keep a pickup long term I think I will go for the Amarok.

3. Rroff

Man of Honour

"Exhaust Gas Recirculation Throttle Control Circuit "A" Range/Performance" - dunno much about that part of the system dunno if it was due to the extreme cold though a vehicle like this should handle it really hah. Gonna hit up the dealer Monday.

4. Rroff

Man of Honour

More time I spend with this vehicle the more obvious it is Nissan have cheaped out, often for seemingly no real good reason, wherever they thought they could get away with it - not my first experience of this with Nissan - which is kind of sad as otherwise this would be a decent vehicle. Puts me right off ideas of a GT-R down the road. Glad I didn't pay that much for this one.

If I decide to keep a pickup long term will be going straight back to VW with the Amarok.

5. Rroff

Man of Honour

At the expense of posting several times in a row - they are going to replace the whole EGR valve they tried refurbishing it but after a few miles of testing it would throw up the same error again so looks like the sensor is faulty (second faulty sensor we've found so far :( ). From a look at the computer - 22,000 miles at an average 15mph and a bit of interpreting the previous trip history data it looks like it has spent most of its life in start-stop traffic meaning the engine (diesel) has never really got to run properly - it has not been used off-road or as a workhorse, etc.