Any pilots here?

Associate
Tis' strange the people you 'meet'. I'm Ezy in BRS, no doubt I've spoken to you many a time too without even realising. With listen out for the accent on the 18th, got a double EDI afternoon/evening.

Soldato
Sounds like you work almost as much as the Spanish, Neo!

Yeah, I had hardly any leave for the first half of the year so taking it all now. I had a fortnight off at the start of August, back for a 6 day cycle, now I'm on another fortnight off, back on Wednesday for 6 days then off for a fortnight again :D

Soldato
As planned I got a morning of circuits in, not done any for while so completed some flapless and glide approach landings, all went well so finished up with some solo circuits, had a changing crosswind which was fun but another very enjoyable morning. Back onto NAV next week :D

Associate
Yeah, I had hardly any leave for the first half of the year so taking it all now. I had a fortnight off at the start of August, back for a 6 day cycle, now I'm on another fortnight off, back on Wednesday for 6 days then off for a fortnight again :D

Good to talk today Neodude, well, talk of sorts :D

It didn't click at first when you said "will you be requesting FL630 today?", a clever way of checking if it was me! Shame I was too slow to work out what you said :p

Soldato
Good to talk today Neodude, well, talk of sorts :D

It didn't click at first when you said "will you be requesting FL630 today?", a clever way of checking if it was me! Shame I was too slow to work out what you said :p

:D

As soon as you replied confused I thought "oh oh, it's maybe not him" and I switched back into pro-controller mode ;)

The crew that landed about 20 mins before you sounded confused when I asked them if they had requested stand 54 :D

Associate
:D

As soon as you replied confused I thought "oh oh, it's maybe not him" and I switched back into pro-controller mode ;)

The crew that landed about 20 mins before you sounded confused when I asked them if they had requested stand 54 :D

That's the thing, I'm quite busy at that point in the flight (especially with someone wanting my stand!) and anything that's not a standard reply throws you a bit. "say again?", "disregard"...... "oooohhhhhh!!"

We were running late on the way back too, plane was delayed returning from IBZ. Three CFEs in short succession, you'd have got me eventually!

Enjoy your leave and no doubt hear from you again on your return.

Associate
Congratulations @thingemajib! Great feeling isn't it. I remember we went from LCY to Southend for our circuits, a distance I was very familiar with (and similar to BRS-CWL) in a C152, over in a blink of an eye in a jet.

When do you start on the line?

Associate
Sunday!

I'll be honest, the whole day has been a bit of a blur. Got bunged into a taxi to Gatwick right after with a mountain of paperwork to fill out and present to the CAA tomorrow (and going by my previous experiences of Aviation House I'll still be missing that critical form that no one has ever heard of before...). It's all literally just sinking in now!

That said, the bit that almost cracked me up on the way out - "Cleared ils rwy 30 (callsign). Right, after takeoff checks!"

Hitman
Soldato
Had a checkout in the Warrior today - massive difference compared to the G115 on handling and stability! The checkout went over the three stalls, steep turns then finishing with 4 or 5 circuits. Going to try and stay current on both as the G115 is good for going up and bashing it around a bit.

Hitman
Soldato
:D Have you managed to do a landaway yet? I think my first was down to Gloucester which was fun but can't remember how far through nav I was before we did that - a very different and busier airfield!

My school have just (couple of weeks ago) got themselves a Slingsby Firefly and one of the instructors has just started his aerobatics rating - can't wait to give that a go :D

Back
Top Bottom