Any suggestions for a 10 day break thats not chavsville ?

Caporegime
My Mum has given me an my sister £5000 to take my daughter her kids and my brother in law away for a holiday. My daughter is 17, Niece is 18 and nephew 13.

Is there a place with a mixture of pool, sea and exploring about anyone can suggest?

Strictly no all inclusive !

Thanks

Easy :)

Why no all inclusive?

Could get an epic holiday in somewhere a like hugardha with coral reefs a few moments swim from the beech, private island trips, pools sun and sand etc

I mean why limit the kids expernece because youve got a self worth issue and dont want to be seen near working class tyoes

Caporegime
OP
Why no all inclusive?

Could get an epic holiday in somewhere a like hugardha with coral reefs a few moments swim from the beech, private island trips, pools sun and sand etc

I mean why limit the kids expernece because youve got a self worth issue and dont want to be seen near working class tyoes

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt
Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Egypt. You should be vigilant at all times and follow the advice of the Egyptian authorities and your travel company, if you have one. There have been threats to western nationals, institutions and businesses posted on websites and social media. The main threat to foreigners is from extremists linked to Daesh-Sinai. There is a heightened threat of terrorist attacks targeting Coptic Christians from extremists linked to Daesh-Sinai in Egypt. See terrorism

You should avoid crowded places and gatherings, including in or around religious sites and during religious festivals, such as the month of Ramadan and the Christmas period (including Coptic Christmas), when terrorist groups have sometimes called for attacks. Take extra care over local holiday weekends, as some terrorist attacks have occurred during these times. You can find a list of local holidays on the website of the British Embassy in Cairo.

Soldato
Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Egypt. You should be vigilant at all times and follow the advice of the Egyptian authorities and your travel company, if you have one. There have been threats to western nationals, institutions and businesses posted on websites and social media. The main threat to foreigners is from extremists linked to Daesh-Sinai. There is a heightened threat of terrorist attacks targeting Coptic Christians from extremists linked to Daesh-Sinai in Egypt. See terrorism

You should avoid crowded places and gatherings, including in or around religious sites and during religious festivals, such as the month of Ramadan and the Christmas period (including Coptic Christmas), when terrorist groups have sometimes called for attacks. Take extra care over local holiday weekends, as some terrorist attacks have occurred during these times. You can find a list of local holidays on the website of the British Embassy in Cairo.

Egypt is a hell hole.

Wouldnt suggest/recomend anyone going there.

Caporegime

I went was lovley was ******* empty cause all the Russians had left though.

You're in a hotel at the end of a 10 mile long road with about 5 armed police posts with truck stop barriers.

You're more likley to die in a terrorist attack at the airport than the hotel

Looks like a bloody war zone with all the abdondind construction in town though

Caporegime
OP
I went was lovley was ******* empty cause all the Russians had left though.

You're in a hotel at the end of a 10 mile long road with about 5 armed police posts with truck stop barriers.

You're more likley to die in a terrorist attack at the airport than the hotel

Looks like a bloody war zone with all the abdondind construction in town though

Na...not interested...

Caporegime
Na...not interested...

Cool in that case Sorrento is lovley and Capri makes for a fantastic day trip, especially with boat tours arpund the island to swim and explore the caves.

You would be amazed how mozzarella tastes ivwr there full of flavour not the most it is here.

Capri is expensive Sorrento is fairly reasonable and give you a good base to explore (as
Specially if you're willing to rent mopeds or bikes.

5k shpuld be able to do some for a few days then a few days down there with a trip out to Capri (do take sea sickness tabs if you take the ferry though the small speed boats are fine but the big ferry is terrible and the pharmacy on the dock in Capri 2ill charge you 9 euros for 6 tabs that cost a few pence here)

Associate
5K for 5 people for 10 days in summer hols & presuming separate rooms. Your going to get an ok place.
Somewhere in Greece or the Canaries would be my choice.
Edit oh, there is six 6. :/

Good luck for no chavsville with that budget.

Soldato
The kids will be bored if you take them away from any area that could be considered "chavsville" because there will be nothing to do for them. What I'd do would be to go to Tenerife and stay in Costa Adeje, it's outside Playas Del Americas but it's nicer, you can travel into Americas and then the kids will actually have things to do, but you won't be staying around the busiest area. You can find some where quiet that isn't touristy in the likes of Greece or Italy, but there will be absolutely nothing for a 13, 17 and 18 year old to do, they'll be sat on their phones all holiday trying to connect to wifi. Source: Went to Crete with a couple of 18 year olds last year, nice and quiet, they were bored.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
For accommodation what about Airbnb?
For example you can rent a 5 bed house in Venice for 10 nights for ~£160/night (So that'll be ~£26 per person).

When I think all inclusive I just think it'll be like that Benidorm TV show. Nope, nope, nope.

Man of Honour
Why no all inclusive?

All inclusive is brilliant, we've always done it and still go out for meals because we can and usually doesn't cost that much extra.
I always laugh at the idiots who queue up for family drinks during the day at 25 Euros a go when I just walk up and show my band.

Caporegime
OP

All inclusive is brilliant, we've always done it and still go out for meals because we can and usually doesn't cost that much extra.
I always laugh at the idiots who queue up for family drinks during the day at 25 Euros a go when I just walk up and show my band.

I went all inclusive once....You do have to remember that you have actually paid for that band!

My experience was the food was meh...and the spritis were clearly watered down....No matter how many vodkas I rammed down my neck I couldn't get drunk :p

Plus you have to eat at certain times....I did half board once with my daughter couple of years back...and the thought you have to get up and have breakfast cause you have paid for it within a certain time frame sucks.I'm never hungry in the morning and I can't justify an extra 1000 quid for the kids to eat a couple of slices of toast and an orange juice....Never mind at dinner time when they will just eat cold meat slices, chips and a bit of salad.

My daughter will drink bottled water most of the time out of choice...She doesn't really dig coke or pepsi....She's into fitness and looking good....

Caporegime
OP
My bro is currently in Croatia and it looks stunning. Never really considered it before, it's not what I expected.

Yeah Croatia is stunning but you have to go out to the islands to get the good spots...Supetar is good for the kids but I've already been...and TBH the girls are young women now so they won't be wanting to play with the younger ones.

Back
Top Bottom