Anyone else been scammed by www.shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk?

SHOCK - HORROR - OcUK Keyboard Warriors OUTRAGED!

Some remarkably honest and helpful individual starts a thread in the OcUK GD forum warning about a scam and the usual smug, self-satisfied and habitually unhelpful suspects launch into that traditional ritual of swarming around to abuse him :rolleyes:

Good on ya PapaLazaru, you're a very brave man - I hope you get your money back.

Good on ya PapaLazaru, you're a very brave man - I hope you get your money back.

Thanks

I have just got off the phone to them. Appears that I signed up when ordering flowers from InterFlora, which has been named and shamed as part of this scam a lot.

I explained that I wanted a refund and that I was seeking legal advice. I also requested a copy of the legally binding contract I agreed to and their terms of service. The girl on the phone has cancelled my account and immediately refunded my last three payments. They are also emailing me a claim form.

Sounds like this is happening a lot to them.

Will update in due course. Just all beware. I have been stung good and feel a bit silly for not noticing this sooner.

It sounds very dodgy, but the fact that you've not noticed for 3 years probably won't help. I mean that seriously - I'm not mocking you here. Any payout that the business may have to make to you could well be limited by the fact that you took so long to notice, as your lack of action could be seen as implied consent and agreement.

Last edited:
Whilst I can understand your frustration OP, I don't think 'scammed' means what you think it does. Three years? Really?

e : oh, you updated. That's sounds promising, I hope you get it sorted out.

Last edited:
This sort of thing happens when people have too many accounts to keep track of. Actually chinese people are the worst for this, they can have up to 4 bank accounts, just because they start using a new one and never bother to close the old one. They just do't get that it doesn't look good for their credit rating.

Nobody needs more then one main bank account and one credit card. And probably a savings account if you're saving for something specific.

Nobody needs more then one main bank account and one credit card. And probably a savings account if you're saving for something specific.

Multiple accounts are very useful, especially if one particular banks systems goes down (which has happened in the past) means you can still buy things.

Or if there is fraud on one credit card and it takes a couple of days to sort you can use another.

... Nobody needs more then one main bank account and one credit card. And probably a savings account if you're saving for something specific.
Business and personal accounts.

One credit card for ALL Internet & telephoned payments and another for use with a PIN number.

But I agree, you should always check your statements carefully, even small, weird amounts like £7.42 :)

This sort of thing happens when people have too many accounts to keep track of. Actually chinese people are the worst for this, they can have up to 4 bank accounts, just because they start using a new one and never bother to close the old one. They just do't get that it doesn't look good for their credit rating.

Chinese people? Huh?

I saw a similar offer from another e-tailor - they were giving 10% off the next order or something, once I clicked through it mentioned monthly payments so didn't go ahead. I wouldn't really call it a scam tbh.

I saw a similar offer from another e-tailor - they were giving 10% off the next order or something, once I clicked through it mentioned monthly payments so didn't go ahead. I wouldn't really call it a scam tbh.

This is how I am thinking it has happened. By what I am reading online the company now do redirect you to a seperate website. I ordered flowers, there was an offer for £10 off your next purchase or something. Tick the box. No card details no personal information provided. They then send me an email which immediately goes into my junk folder. This email likely tells me what I have done but I never saw it. The simple fact it that it must be bordering on illegal as surely you cannot commit to an ongoing fee by checking a tick box on another companies website?

It is a scam, though in likelyhood one that is just about legal. Scam all the same.

No more comments regarding my lack of statement checking please, my missus has given me enough grief over this already. :D

Be careful of Trainline, they are taking part in something similar for a while now

I've used the site several times recently and not seen any opt in/out tick box for this/other schemes so hopefully not been stung (not noticed any dodgy DDs on my account!)

Anyone got a screencap of where the offending text/box are in the order process?

I've used the site several times recently and not seen any opt in/out tick box for this/other schemes so hopefully not been stung (not noticed any dodgy DDs on my account!)

Anyone got a screencap of where the offending text/box are in the order process?

It's right at the end, after you pay for the tickets, there's a 'save £10 off you next purchase' button

Back
Top Bottom