Anyone else been scammed by www.shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk?

How is it a scam when the OP signed himself up and forget about the payments for three years?

It is the manner of how they sign you up which is why I am I believe quite rightly referring to them as scammers.

I did not explicitly provide this company with my bank card details. This is not a direct debit, it is a recurring card payment. I was never referred to their site either. What they do may be just on the side of legal but it is deceit.

The fact that I did not notice for so long is neither here nor there. They have continued to take my money for services I have never explicitly signed up for nor used.

It has been proven by the fact that my phone call this morning was met with a lot of backtracking and claim forms / refunds.

How is it a scam when the OP signed himself up and forget about the payments for three years?

Because the OP didn't *sign up*, he merely clicked a banner. It's like reading a menu and then walking away thinking you didn't buy anything, then finding out they took your money saying the food was there waiting for you.

A banner click does not equal a purchase.

This sort of thing happens when people have too many accounts to keep track of. Actually chinese people are the worst for this, they can have up to 4 bank accounts, just because they start using a new one and never bother to close the old one. They just do't get that it doesn't look good for their credit rating.

Nobody needs more then one main bank account and one credit card. And probably a savings account if you're saving for something specific.

I have more than 4 accounts and actively monitor things. I also have two credit cards. I can think of a few reasons to have more than one account.

Why would you want to stop this coming out? Site looks AMAZING :)

Only thing you've lost out on is 3 years of MEGA DISCOUNTS

You get:
Best price guarantee
Delivery guarantee
Extended warranty
Damage, theft & loss cover

!!!!!!!!

Enough of the pee taking. :(

Yes, have somehow missed this £8 a month payment but it is still a scam. Accounts are now to be scrutinised weekly. I have just been too damn busy and too blase.

Will update with my ongoing battle to get my money back.

Managed 3 payments (£24) so far.

After numerous emails back and forth I have just received the following -

Dear PapaLazaru,

Thank you for contacting Shopper Discounts & Rewards

We have received your claim form and confirm that we have issued the additional credits of £8 as per your request as well as the 3 refunds issued when you initially contacted us.

These additional refunds will appear as 35 credits of £8 on your credit or debit card account within the next 10 working days.

If you have any further questions, please contact us on our free phone number: 0800 731 9935 Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm, or by email at etc etc.

Papa 1 - Sneaky gits 0 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom