Anyone getting THEC64 Mini??

Associate
Paradroid was amazing, it really sparked my imagination. Looking at the overhead graphics now is a bit of a shock but at the time I completely bought into the idea of taking control of a huge variety of robots with differing abilities.

Associate
C64 and Amiga had the better audio capabilities over their competitors, this made them superior. Graphical power was superior too.
Was beyond doubt. Still cant believe the amount of deluded Spectrum and Atari ST owners.

Associate
Associate
Thank you for the Digital Foundry article, it really is an excellent read. Love the nostalgia but I'll resist the temptation to dig out my C64 direct to tv unit as I'll only be disappointed again.

Soldato
i was getting tempted till i read that the keys don't function? threw out my original ones a few years ago including printer etc got the first one for 15 quid from someone with a ton of games and a second one later in better nick with printer etc, all ready had a megadrive and snes by then but i had fun with it despite the tape loading, oh had a cartridge with terminator 2 and a paint type program on it :)

Soldato
i was getting tempted till i read that the keys don't function? threw out my original ones a few years ago including printer etc got the first one for 15 quid from someone with a ton of games and a second one later in better nick with printer etc, all ready had a megadrive and snes by then but i had fun with it despite the tape loading, oh had a cartridge with terminator 2 and a paint type program on it :)

You can attach a USB keyboard to it. A USB splitter will be needed if you want to use the stick as well, though.

Soldato
C64 and Amiga had the better audio capabilities over their competitors, this made them superior. Graphical power was superior too.
Was beyond doubt. Still cant believe the amount of deluded Spectrum and Atari ST owners.

You'd have to be living in a dreamland to think the Atari ST was superior to the Amiga. it had a midi port which did open up some opportunities over the Amiga but I think the majority pretty much had an Amiga for its multimedia capabilities which blows the ST out of the water!

Man of Honour
Ashens review isn't exactly glowing. Won't link as...well Ashens has a rather Norfolk grasp of language. ;) *Norfolk boy myself*
Real shame the joystick isn't microswitches like a real competition pro.

Soldato
Yeah kinda silly the makers thinking the fans wanted it just for games when the original could more. I mean there thinking that it's a new mini which is a console instead of thinking it's a home computer, so u obviously need keys.

Man of Honour
I will probably get one just to have a play but I have a C64 and the ability to play ROM's on it from SD cards so it's more for the fact I want to but a new toy than needing one.

Back
Top Bottom