Anyone had a puppy ?

Soldato
Have learnt lesson, we are going to get a female one but are going to wait untill we move house so we are closer to uni/work/supermarkets etc.

I dont know if all the people above who seem to jump on the bandwagon are saying this because its forum talk, because every dog owner, vet, and canine psychology expert we talked to stated that his behaviour that they saw physically is not right for a 10 week old KCS.

The problem I have is that he was ONLY 10 weeks old, and hadn't fully yet developed any kind of personality, heck he'd only just been taken from his Mum, so was probably trying to learn to process that in his head (so forgive him if he was a bit upset and making too much noise for your liking) and then the first person who came along to show him any kind of attention has now cast him aside because he didn't fit into the idea of what a puppy was in your head.

I actually think you've done him more damage by taking him back, and (not that I am saying for one second that all breeders are like this) but if he's been returned and the breeders have been told he has behaviour issues, well they might think they aren't going to make any money out of him, and then I don't dare think what might happen. :(

What will you do if the female one starts crying and peeing where you don't want her to?

I also very much doubt this whole "Every person we spoke to said...." attitude because what you thought was bad behaviour and were panicking about, sounds like just normal puppy behaviour to me.

:(

Soldato
We have finally got him potty trained, but he wants to go every single time he wakes up, and we cant just let him out, we have to carry him out into an enclosed fenced off part of the garden, in the ice. Up down up down up down then he will randomly **** on the middle of the floor in the lounge anyway :S

Just noticed thread and read as far as that post...

Clearly you didn't think things through or have any clue about dogs. Ofcourse he needs the loo in the morning, hes not superman, even mature dogs need that kind of attention. Don't want to read anymore of the thread now...

Permabanned
OP
The problem I have is that he was ONLY 10 weeks old, and hadn't fully yet developed any kind of personality, heck he'd only just been taken from his Mum, so was probably trying to learn to process that in his head (so forgive him if he was a bit upset and making too much noise for your liking) and then the first person who came along to show him any kind of attention has now cast him aside because he didn't fit into the idea of what a puppy was in your head.

I actually think you've done him more damage by taking him back, and (not that I am saying for one second that all breeders are like this) but if he's been returned and the breeders have been told he has behaviour issues, well they might think they aren't going to make any money out of him, and then I don't dare think what might happen. :(

What will you do if the female one starts crying and peeing where you don't want her to?

I also very much doubt this whole "Every person we spoke to said...." attitude because what you thought was bad behaviour and were panicking about, sounds like just normal puppy behaviour to me.

:(

We didnt ask for a refund, just that they find him a good home.

Back
Top Bottom