Anyone in to old tv shows?

Soldato
Gooooodies.... Goody goody yum yum.

This. Classic episodes like kitten Kong (golden rose of Montreaux award winner) , Ecky thump (Someone actually died laughing watching that one) Bunfight at the O.K. Tea Rooms are all must watch though some episodes are not exactly PC these days.

Also 'Bottom' I think I nearly died laughing watching the 'Digger' Episode myself :p

Soldato
I fondly remember watching The Good Life, Are you being served?, Grace and Favour, Dad's army, 'Allo 'allo and Open all Hours with the family at tea time while growing up.

There was probably more that aren't coming to mind right now.

Soldato
I fondly remember watching The Good Life, Are you being served?, Grace and Favour, Dad's army, 'Allo 'allo and Open all Hours with the family at tea time while growing up.

There was probably more that aren't coming to mind right now.

I was getting very worried about the lack of mention for Open All Hours.

Better than Only Fools and Horses as far as I'm concerned.

Strong agreements from me also for Porridge, The Good Life and Dad's Army.

Soldato
For British sitcoms I put it down as a tie between Porridge and Dads Army.

For old US comedy I thank my dad for getting me in to The Phil Silvers Show AKA Sgt. Bilko, that show is utterly timeless.

Man of Honour
This. Classic episodes like kitten Kong (golden rose of Montreaux award winner) , Ecky thump (Someone actually died laughing watching that one) Bunfight at the O.K. Tea Rooms are all must watch though some episodes are not exactly PC these days.

Very true. The episode South Africa comes to mind.

One of the first jokes... South Africa Tourist Office. Go up stairs and turn white.

Still love it though. Bought the dvd set a while back. Got the signed one. :D

Controversial opinion time: The Goodies is consistently funnier that Monty Pythons Flying Circus. MPFC rarely had an episode that was funny throughout. Normally it was a single sketch that was superb and the rest was a bit filler-ish.

Associate
Airwolf was a gas show. Loved the part where he played the cello by the lake and the stock footage of a hawk flying in the sky. It was the dreges but entertaining anyone remember Blue Thunder same kinda idea but this was an Apache helicopter.

Soldato
Airwolf was a gas show. Loved the part where he played the cello by the lake and the stock footage of a hawk flying in the sky. It was the dreges but entertaining anyone remember Blue Thunder same kinda idea but this was an Apache helicopter.

No idea what you mean (Gas show, dreges?), but yes, i remember Blue Thunder - cool heli!

Associate
Soldato
To a certain extent, I prefer some of the older shows from my childhood, to the stuff they make these days.

Recently been watching things like

Sapphire and Steel,
Box of Delights
Rumpole of the bailey
Sherlock Holmes
Blakes 7

And yes, many of the 80s american shows too..

Associate
few more old shows from the late 80's to 90s era

pie in the sky
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet
One Foot in the Grave
Spender
cracker
the bill
Rebus
Between the Lines
Drop the Dead Donkey
minder
The Sweeney
soldier, soldier
A Touch of Frost
Home to Roost
Inspector Morse

Caporegime
To a certain extent, I prefer some of the older shows from my childhood, to the stuff they make these days.

Recently been watching things like

Sapphire and Steel,
Box of Delights
Rumpole of the bailey
Sherlock Holmes
Blakes 7

And yes, many of the 80s american shows too..
If you’re talking about the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett, then I’m with you every step of the way. It was absolutely awesome.

Brett is THE definitive Holmes. No other comes close to the authors original depiction and concept of the man. Truly spellbinding. Brett literally became Holmes.

Man of Honour
Just opened a box from storage and it's a load of my old tv show dvd's. 'Allo 'Allo, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Father Ted, The Young Ones, Bottom, Dad's Army, Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister, The Good Life, Open All Hours, Porridge, The Detectives, Monty Python's Flying Circus (Which I've just replaced with the Norwegian Blue Bluray set :D), Up Pompeii, Fall and Rise of Reggie Perrin, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, The Two Ronnies....

Time to fill the server up with a load of rips. :D

Up Pompeii.

Salute!

fRN60nl.gif

I know it's from the movie... but... :D

Soldato
If you’re talking about the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett, then I’m with you every step of the way. It was absolutely awesome.

Brett is THE definitive Holmes. No other comes close to the authors original depiction and concept of the man. Truly spellbinding. Brett literally became Holmes.

You're damn right, though I do like the Basil Rathbone films, Brett is the definitive Holmes

Associate
The new Britbox streaming service from the BBC / ITV thinks It Aint Half Hot Mum is too offensive to broadcast.

It's OK to show graphic lesbian fisting sex scenes on primetime BBC TV though (Gentleman Jack?)

The World's gone PC mad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom