Anyone in to old tv shows?

Man of Honour
Anyone else love Sapphire and Steel?

or The Tomorrow People, Thunderbirds, Blakes 7? I adored SciFi as a kid in the 1970's.

Last edited:
Associate
Here are some i used to watch / watched not too long ago /have fond memories of:
Yes.. I used to watch a crap load of TV. Thanks the internet for being able to re watch these shows and others which were not shown in the UK. BTW what classes old tv show? how far back are we talking?

The Professionals - kick ass theme song
Bewitched
The professionals
Randall and hopkirk deceased.
Quantum Leap
Different Strokes
The A Team
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rogers
Space 1999
V
Magnum PI
The Equalizer used to watch it with my dad on occasions when i was allowed to stay up.
The Man from UNCLE
Miami Vice
Star Trek: the next generation
Sledgehammer
Beauty and the beast
Airwolf
Kinghtrider - the reruns on twitch tv was hilarious
Blackadder
Street Hawk
Moonlighting
Married with Children
Doctor Who
only fools and horses
Red Dwarf
Desmonds
Cheers
Allo allo
Alf
family ties
Minder
Happy days
Family matters
Perfect strangers
The wonder years
The cosby show
The fresh prince of bel air
The golden girls
The dukes of hazzard
Who's the boss
A different world
Doogie howser
Martin - downloaded eps. I dont think this aired in the UK
The greatest american hero - downloaded eps. I dont think this aired in the UK

Man of Honour
Opened one of my christmas presents to start watching it tonight. The Monty Python's Flying Circus Norwegian Blu-Ray set.

The restoration is astonishing for a 50 year old video tape/16mm (occasionally 35mm) film sourced show. It's a 1960's Britich, BBC, cheap comedy show... it's shouldn't have this much time, attention or love spent on restoring it... But damn is it worth it.

Soldato
Anyone else love Sapphire and Steel?

or The Tomorrow People, Thunderbirds, Blakes 7? I adored SciFi as a kid in the 1970's.

Yup. Got all of those on DVD bar The Tomorrow People which I'm thinking about.

Anyone else remember The Changes? A show aimed at kids with quite complex themes bought it on DVD still to watch.

Associate
If you’re talking about the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett, then I’m with you every step of the way. It was absolutely awesome.

Brett is THE definitive Holmes. No other comes close to the authors original depiction and concept of the man. Truly spellbinding. Brett literally became Holmes.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes was the best TV show bar none for me his performance in every episode deserved some kind of accolade not sure he every got any. The later ones I didn't like that much weaker stories and mostly Brett's declining health put me off them.

Commissario
Porridge is one of, if not the best sitcom we've ever produced.

No that would be Only Fools and Horses!
We're going to have to disagree on this. Fools and Horses was good, no question but I don't think it's quite in the same league. There were what, about seventy episodes of OFaH but just eighteen regular episodes of Porridge (plus the pilot and two Christmas specials). Not every moment of OFaH was perfect, not every episode was perfect, there were some that weren't very good. You can't say that about Porridge, every moment was absolutely spot on. The acting, writing and timing was the best I've seen in any comedy show, ever.

The restoration is astonishing for a 50 year old video tape/16mm (occasionally 35mm) film sourced show. It's a 1960's Britich, BBC, cheap comedy show... it's shouldn't have this much time, attention or love spent on restoring it... But damn is it worth it.
I had no idea this had been done. The set will be with me tomorrow, thanks for mentioning it.

Caporegime
We're going to have to disagree on this. Fools and Horses was good, no question but I don't think it's quite in the same league. There were what, about seventy episodes of OFaH but just eighteen regular episodes of Porridge (plus the pilot and two Christmas specials). Not every moment of OFaH was perfect, not every episode was perfect, there were some that weren't very good. You can't say that about Porridge, every moment was absolutely spot on. The acting, writing and timing was the best I've seen in any comedy show, ever.
Fawlty towers was like that. Short and sweet with every minute of every episode being very funny.

Soldato
If the wife goes out I'm quite partial to hunting out a bit of 70s -90s mystery / horror.
Tales of the Unexpected
Hammer House of horror
Chiller (90s anthology horror show with some people who went on to become quite famous)

Also always quite liked The Survivors

Soldato
i used to love the intro sequence to the The Fall Guy (and knightrider / airwolf / streethawk / dukes of hazzard / a team etc etc)
as with a lot of the 80s shows i never really understood what was going on in the episode, i just wanted to see the stunts!
recently watched a few episodes of the fall guy and they are pure cringe. there are just no rules, stories are a haphazard mess
you don't know whether to laugh or cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpC0Cw2wGCI

Back
Top Bottom