• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Yes I am very surprised that a lot of 3060s and 3070s are in stock on the site now, the prices are still unreasonably high but they are in a much better place than before. Hopefully the situation continues to improve.

Yeah. And, I am not sure if Oc provides vouchers for these cards?? as I don't have the access to MM deal session. It's a bit confusing for me.

Associate
I game on a 55inch 4ktv. I get 60fps+ in most games at ultra settings with my GTX 1080, so I have reluctantly given up any hope of finding a 3080 at a reasonable price and I guess I'll hang onto my old trusty 5 year old card for a couple of years longer yet

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Yeah. And, I am not sure if Oc provides vouchers for these cards?? as I don't have the access to MM deal session. It's a bit confusing for me.

The only GPU's that are getting voucher codes will be ones priced at a silly price like £5000 each. If they are around normal scalpy prices then they won't be one of the ones they are having a deal on.

Associate
I'm not sure it's entirely that simple in all cases. People don't always act rationally.

Scarcity drives FOMO making people pay more than they normally would.

Ever seen two people bidding on eBay, both determined to win, and the price ends up being higher than they could have bought brand new from a shop? It happens all the time. An example of irrational behaviour that's quite common, in fact.

That people often act irrationally doesn't mean the scalped price is the "real" price. Scalpers sure are cashing in on FOMO right now.

That particular poster seems to like defending the scalpers to the extent that I wonder if they themselves are one..

Soldato
Think ill wait for a decent price on 3080(ti) If my current system breaks before then time to throw the towel in.

I think it'll be a long wait or more likely never. People seem desperate to pay way over the odds like 900 plus for just 3070s recently, I don't understand it honestly, I dont see how its worth it even for mining. High prices are here to stay in my opinion when the 4000 cards come along they will probably be double the msrps of the cards now, people are willing to pay whatever the price is after all.

Caporegime
I think it'll be a long wait or more likely never. People seem desperate to pay way over the odds like 900 plus for just 3070s recently, I don't understand it honestly, I dont see how its worth it even for mining. High prices are here to stay in my opinion when the 4000 cards come along they will probably be double the msrps of the cards now, people are willing to pay whatever the price is after all.
A lot of people won't buy (at those prices), but those who will are more than making up for it. Record quarters/profits for nV, etc.

The reality is some of us will just be priced out, and PC gaming will become a rich person's plaything.

Permabanned

Unfortunately , yes 4 series cards I reckon will cost 2 to 3 times msrp. Thanks to scalpers.

Soldato
A lot of people won't buy (at those prices), but those who will are more than making up for it. Record quarters/profits for nV, etc.

The reality is some of us will just be priced out, and PC gaming will become a rich person's plaything.

i think it has gone that way now already.

even the guys who used to have the mad multi gpu set ups are now buying a single card lol

Permabanned

Think ill wait for a decent price on 3080(ti) If my current system breaks before then time to throw the towel in.

Well you may have missed out.

All the 3090s on OcUK are now gone, just a few water cooled ones left.

All the 3070s are now gone.

Last edited:
Associate

That'll kill the game development though. If the market drops below viability for the games being made, suddenly there'll be no reason for anyone to make games to take advantage of all the shiny new features Nvidia tries to cram down our pieholes. No games, no market, no need to buy GPUs and all of a sudden NVidia will find themselves sitting in wreckage of their own making.

Permabanned
That'll kill the game development though. If the market drops below viability for the games being made, suddenly there'll be no reason for anyone to make games to take advantage of all the shiny new features Nvidia tries to cram down our pieholes. No games, no market, no need to buy GPUs and all of a sudden NVidia will find themselves sitting in wreckage of their own making.

They might not care, they could be cashing out. Then maybe Microsoft or whoever buys them up.

Back
Top Bottom