• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
There weren't any deals active, so yeah, probably. I don't suffer from FOMO, so I'll wait for prices to come down.

I do desperately need a new card but not desperate enough to get a scalped card or pay ridiculous prices for it. A few weeks ago i was ready to get a 3060 but the benchmarking is not worth it at all when you compare it to a 3070. For now, I can wait.

Caporegime
:cry: that's the cost of a the NV link soon. I might opt for a water cooled card but like you said, it's no small cost.
Well, just to put things into perpective... a 3060Ti is a little bit quicker than a 1080Ti.

A 1080Ti that's 5 years old, cost "only" £650 when released, and was for a time £300 on the 2nd hand market.

Yet now a 3060 (non-Ti) is £500-£600. Just lol, really.

A 3060Ti (basically a 1080Ti remember) should be about £300. Even £390 is a bit rough, even with inflation.

Associate
I guess I was lucky but I have a 3090 on order that is going to cost more than I’d like to pay however it’s part of a wider system and I managed to get a 3090fe just watching discord for 2 weeks. I sat down at the pc as the alert popped up and was shocked to get it in my basket so had to try.

My 1080ti was 850 and two other pcs used by my son and other half have 1070ti.

Im going to pay the stupid price for my 3090 and sell the fe to a friend for msrp which is what I paid last week. Yes it’s a little painful knowing mine will be twice as much but it’s a choice I made.

prior to been lucky, I figured prebuilt was the way to go! Now I’m just determined to have the new pc.

Soldato
I guess I was lucky but I have a 3090 on order that is going to cost more than I’d like to pay however it’s part of a wider system and I managed to get a 3090fe just watching discord for 2 weeks. I sat down at the pc as the alert popped up and was shocked to get it in my basket so had to try.

My 1080ti was 850 and two other pcs used by my son and other half have 1070ti.

Im going to pay the stupid price for my 3090 and sell the fe to a friend for msrp which is what I paid last week. Yes it’s a little painful knowing mine will be twice as much but it’s a choice I made.

prior to been lucky, I figured prebuilt was the way to go! Now I’m just determined to have the new pc.
The AIB models will perform virtually the same as the FE, should just save the cash and put it towards a 4000 series card which will be out a year from now and should easily be 50% faster.

Associate
The AIB models will perform virtually the same as the FE, should just save the cash and put it towards a 4000 series card which will be out a year from now and should easily be 50% faster.

I should yes. But let’s say I’m stupid.

My son has a ryzen 1700 on 4xx chipset and I have 3800x on 370x. So I said fluff it and ordered a watercooled pc just as I want it and he can have my current cpu.

So at this point I want the pc I’ve ordered, it’ll look pretty and that means letting them install the gpu with waterblock and backplate. Not one I managed to get after ordering the pc. I understand I’m paying a premium that makes me feel a little sick. But I just got a new job and telling myself it’s done now. Just gotta wait for it.

The only prebuilt I’ve ever ordered as well quite capable of doing it myself although not spent much time on custom loops, only ever once myself a long time ago.

Soldato
Don't count AMD's chickens until you've eaten them, waited five days, and lived to tell the tale.
Everything AMD touches turns to gold lately so I wouldn't put it past them considering they went from a 5700XT to matching a 3090 in raster in the space of 16 months.

Associate
On the note of the RTX 2080 Ti - 'You can get legendary 1080p ray traced 60 FPS for ONLY £1499!!!'

I still can't believe anyone bought those.

They could simply do something like '10% more performance, 20% more energy efficient!!!!1111' for the next range, and people will still be all over wanting to ditch their 3090 for one.

Permabanned
AMD 7000 series should be on a node shrink so they will get a performance increase just from that.

AMD need to sort their FXR first. You can't even play Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k with an AMD card without it wanting other high end parts.

With Next Gen cards, it would be nice to see 4k 120fps Max settings no quibble guarantee. And 8k 60fps Max settings ( 120fps for the Higher spec cards). This is the very least I want to see.

Many demanding games can't do that now like RDR2

Soldato
AMD need to sort their FXR first. You can't even play Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k with an AMD card without it wanting other high end parts.

With Next Gen cards, it would be nice to see 4k 120fps Max settings no quibble guarantee. And 8k 60fps Max settings ( 120fps for the Higher spec cards). This is the very least I want to see.

Many demanding games can't do that now like RDR2

I'm lmao'ing reading this because I'm thinking about UE5 and how this gen's target res/fps is 1080p 30fps on even something like an XSX which is a 12 TF machine. :D

https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/RenderingFeatures/Lumen/TechOverview/

Back
Top Bottom