• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I’m keeping an eye out for a 3080 FE still though whether they will ever reappear I don’t know.

I hope to be perfectly happy with my GeForce Now RTX 3080 subscription when it is released in a few weeks.

There appears to be a substantial amount on Ebay, snaffled up by those hungry to make a quick buck.

Associate
I have lost hope that pricing on the 4000 series would be anything but insane. The x80 Ti will cost at least as it does now but I expect the x80 GPU to be £1000 minimum.

Soldato
There isnt any wear on the hardware ; its a huge lie.

As soon as I read the statement of 10% loss I knew it was BS, if there is voltage degradation, the firmware doesnt detect it and auto slow down, instead it would just become unstable. Palit not made themselves look good here.

Associate
wow, you guys pay a lot for electric. I swapped to an electric car and pay 12p per kwh all day long (EDF).

I'm another +1. If I could get a 3080 at msrp then I would buy one. I could easily afford one at the silly prices but I'm not that daft to pay scalper prices from anywhere.

Plus I don't want to mine. If I was getting paid to Fold at home or other worthy causes then I would think about it.

I just class crypto as another Tulip mania

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
That's an insane tariff how did you get that. I checked EDF just now and I can get nothing near that rate.

Associate
Just for laughs, cheapest AMD prices in Italy today:

RX 6600: 536€
RX 6600 XT: 669€
RX 6700 XT: 894€
RX 6800: 1422€
RX 6800 XT: 1454€ (that's how much I paid my current PC!)
RX 6900 XT: 1408€ (WTF?)

Associate
^ My cousin just got a 6900XT from a retailer for 1200£ (all happy and joy). He got home and the GPU does not fit in the case :))). Plus, his PSU of 750w from eBay (some no name, ticking bomb thing) will most likely die in the process of running it :))).
I am so surprised to not see people go for this GPUs, at that price? While Facebook sells 3080 for 1100£ or so, and that's clearly an sub performing part.

Caporegime
I had a 3070GTX in my checkout for at least 10 minutes contemplating on the ass kicking that my wife would have given me. (I could have easily nabbed a 3080ti as well and can quite easily afford it). It is really not difficult to get a card at rrp if you have the right apps. Even at £500 it is just a crazy amount to spend on a GPU. Especially when a high mid range would have cost £250 3 years ago.

Maybe I am getting old but we spent £500 on IKEA instead kitting out my son's bedroom and buying a few other bits for around the house.

Associate
Just checked EDF as well - GoElectric98 is 36p kwh during peak times and 16p kwh off peak!!

We are on the GoElectric Nov21 single tarriff. Just double checked and its 12.48p per kwh with a standing charge of 27.71p. Gas is 2.953 per kwh and 24.93p per day.

Just have the single rate all day too :)

You have to have an electric car or storage heater (I think) to qualify.

Soldato
^ My cousin just got a 6900XT from a retailer for 1200£ (all happy and joy). He got home and the GPU does not fit in the case :))). Plus, his PSU of 750w from eBay (some no name, ticking bomb thing) will most likely die in the process of running it :))).
I am so surprised to not see people go for this GPUs, at that price? While Facebook sells 3080 for 1100£ or so, and that's clearly an sub performing part.
The 3080 earns more mining though and will probably have a higher resale value.

I had a 3070GTX in my checkout for at least 10 minutes contemplating on the ass kicking that my wife would have given me. (I could have easily nabbed a 3080ti as well and can quite easily afford it). It is really not difficult to get a card at rrp if you have the right apps. Even at £500 it is just a crazy amount to spend on a GPU. Especially when a high mid range would have cost £250 3 years ago.

Maybe I am getting old but we spent £500 on IKEA instead kitting out my son's bedroom and buying a few other bits for around the house.

Happy wife happy life ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sign up to part alerts on telegram, discord, have your credit card added the nvidias UK partner and be logged in to the site, easy peasy or just fork out double the money for an extra 10 fps in some games :p :D Reason 3090s stay in stock longer ;)

Back
Top Bottom