• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Pre-scalped is the motto now. Guess it started with the 3070 Ti and similar which goes to show that when there's extra money to be made, AMD are late movers!

Pre-scalped is good for company fans though: this way AMD or Nvidia make the money not scalpers, retailers or distributors :(
3070 Ti MSRP isn't bad at UK pricing, price/performance is very similar to the 3080 but with less VRAM.

Soldato
There's no chance these will sell for £399, they can list them at whatever price they want but it doesn't mean anything. It's such a terrible performing card, in a normal market it would be around £100-£125, the MSRP is already pre-scalped by AMD.

Well one of them is on auction and up to £225, £10p&p with over 2 days to go and thats with 26 bids already, so it might hit 300 later this evening, y' never know

Caporegime
And so it begins, just seen 3 rx6500xt up forsale on the bay, one auction sitting at 155, and two others on "buy it now" at ........399!

Predictable I know , but still.

Well one of them is on auction and up to £225, £10p&p with over 2 days to go and thats with 26 bids already, so it might hit 300 later this evening, y' never know

But....they are still in stock for £225 on here?

What is wrong with people.

Soldato
But....they are still in stock for £225 on here?

What is wrong with people.
I noticed that recently with some other computer components, they were actually selling (as in 'sold' rather than just 'for sale') for more second hand than they were available for new from a reputable online shop! Seems it's either some kind of money laundering scam or people really just don't do their research when they see something up for auction and want it.

Caporegime
I know, thats the confusing part, some people are stupid, end of, beyond help, useless, ignorant, helpless.....need I go on !

But this really is a special kind of stupid though.

Why would you spend loads more on something from a random ebay person (therefore perhaps squandering any warranty etc), instead of just buying it from a reputable retailer?

Caporegime
Anyone noticed that there is **** loads of stock of a lot of models everywhere now for double their RRP?

Bad sign in my opinion...

Better than before when there was hardly any stock. The longer stuff sits on shelves at too high a price, the more likely it is prices will have to drop.

V F

V F

Soldato
I sometimes wish we could go back.. GPU's like the 4770 beating a higher tier card in their own line up because why fckin not?

It's crazy to think of back then.

"NVIDIA will launch the 9800 GTX+ at $229 and it claims that to be the best single card price/performance offering. That, in turn, will see the price of the current 9800 GTX plummet - today, it's priced at $290 and NVIDIA tells us that will soon drop to as little as $199."

Permabanned
The more widely adopted something gets, the more it loses it's dignity.
Back then people were far less clued up, we also had a much different culture on the internet. A more tolerant one.
Intolerance then became the default and removed any ability for being imperfect, so now the standards are so high the creativity is lost and money is the biggest hit.

Lisa Su is an interesting woman being a relative to Jensen... her uncle.

Strange how back when... AMD / ATi were seen as the good ones then all of a sudden they are now level for douchebaggery.

I despise the saying... the apple don't fall too far from the tree but the evidence is kinda hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom