• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
I think the Gpu situation is going to improve considerably by Easter time If you look at the bottom end 1080p it is the biggest market for gaming and when you start to increase supply of Gpu`s with adequate performance and affordability those potential customers are also less likely to be chasing higher end cards. Add with Intels own Gpu`s becoming available and this is before you consider the up`s and down`s of mining. With that in mind be careful with regards to overpaying for a new card there could be a lot more stock to go around.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
honestly i cant see things improving much until end of year or next year. amd, nvidia and intel will all carry on making the most out of the situation while they can, and when things calm down they will still be pushing higher prices until people stop paying them.

Associate
honestly i cant see things improving much until end of year or next year. amd, nvidia and intel will all carry on making the most out of the situation while they can, and when things calm down they will still be pushing higher prices until people stop paying them.

The only problem i can see is if distributors keep drip feeding the market to keep pricing high. a dangerous game to play if you get a price shock event especially for scalpers who have small margins.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
The only problem i can see is if distributors keep drip feeding the market to keep pricing high. a dangerous game to play if you get a price shock event especially for scalpers who have small margins.

i dont think its drip feeding now i honestly think there is just no gpu chip stock available to release them any faster, will it improve, eventually but i can see all involved trying to drag this out as far as possible, hell tsmc are cranking up their own prices by 20% because why not.

just hope my 1070 can hold out until next year now as even come black friday sales this year i dont expect any good deals much beyond a few cards being offered at close to rrp.

Associate
I see quite high stock levels compared to 6 months ago, and a totally different world compared to last May. Then you had to stalk websites and pounce. Now you can browse and ponder. Of course, pricing then was horrific and pricing now is horrific, so this just relates to availability.

With improved stock levels, pricing will slowly correct. With the way things have moved over the past 3 months I can see general price declines over the next 3-6 months. By summer I think we will be at MSRP, but I think MSRP will be higher by then (like Nvidia recently raising prices in EU, and AMD raising 6700 XT die costs), so sort of ending up half-way between where we are today and todays MSRP.

That is my best bet. I would say by May you could regularly find AIB 3070 cards for £750, and by summer maybe £700. For them to reach the £600 price they should be … maybe not before the 40 series drops.

Back
Top Bottom