• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Went with a 3090, wanted to be done with it. All the big boys coming out with the 2023 shortage news changed things. Going PS5 would still require me to buy a monitor/TV/computer or laptop and would not end up being much cheaper than just building a rig

Associate
Saw that one retailer has a 6800xt at £999. Swear it was £800 earlier. Another had a 2060 non super for £400 iirc. And a rx550 for £150.

Surprised they were all still there, and i watched them for an hour. All rubbish prices though.

Associate
Gibbo said he would do one 2 weeks ago but that never happened. Really wish we knew it was going to happen at least. I need some hope in my life. :p
Feels like everything has been so quiet lately. Is the GPU situation in the UK really that bad compared to USA and the EU? What's going on.

Associate
That was a really interesting watch, thanks. The useful take for me is that the two fan cards are unlikely to be available anyway (for my daughter's m-ATX build) so I'm best off looking out for the 6700 XT for my machine and it won't be far off the performance of the 3070 I was looking for.

You see a few being sold from time to time... but that is really uncommon, of course... not that it matters, the price is of course completely ridiculous anyway. It seems we are at a point where the model doesn't even matter anymore, you can see shops/scalpers charging the same for a FE card and for a high end one... not that you get to choose if you want to buy anyway.

Soldato
Plus AMD cards to tend to perform better over time with driver updates compared to Nvidia cards. So for long term use I would definitely go with AMD.
I sometimes feel Nvidia are are trading on their reputation and people are just buying it because they don't know any better.
Sounds like Apple, lol.

Associate
Havent given up as such - but was going to do a new build back end of last year - which hasnt happened. Luckily I didnt buy any of the other parts before getting a 3080. I do wonder how many component sales OCUK have missed out on so far because of this issue with cards. If it carries on like this I can see DIY PC builds becoming a thing of the past.

Luckily I did get a PS5 at launch so most of my "new" gaming is being done on that whilst leaving the PC for indies etc that hopefully my 1080 can handle.

No way am I paying stupid money for one of some Ebay toe rag.

Soldato
Havent given up as such - but was going to do a new build back end of last year - which hasnt happened. Luckily I didnt buy any of the other parts before getting a 3080. I do wonder how many component sales OCUK have missed out on so far because of this issue with cards. If it carries on like this I can see DIY PC builds becoming a thing of the past.

Luckily I did get a PS5 at launch so most of my "new" gaming is being done on that whilst leaving the PC for indies etc that hopefully my 1080 can handle.

No way am I paying stupid money for one of some Ebay toe rag.
think you missed out supplier toe rag, retailer toe rag and distributor toe ray:p

Back
Top Bottom