• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Anyone else just given up trying to look for a new GPU and resigned themselves to waiting for a while? I'm fed up just endlessly checking stores online and just given up trying. Going to spend my time more constructively online. I'll wait until Easter and try again.

Ive been using a 1070 for the last few years and been very happy but since Cyberpunk ive been chomping at the bit to upgrade. At these prices though they can suck a fat one, its insane!

Funnily enough im playing Cyberpunk on my 1070 at 1080p on high/medium/low settings and the experience has been pretty nice, im not crying put it that way :D

Associate
Not the first time I have waited, e.g. I picked up a new ASUS 970 strix for £180, down from £300 and Vega 56 new at £235 instead of £349 (or even higher mining craze price) back in the day. Paying the scalpers for cards enables them to continue the practice

Soldato
I'm actually thinking of selling my 5700XT and going back to an old R9 390 for the time being. The chance to sell at inflated prices is very tempting.

Soldato
I used the money i was going buy a 3090 GPU with to upgrade my monitor instead
Am so pleased i did as no GPU card would have given me the picture improvement this monitor has plus i can now play games & media in HDR :):):)

Soldato
I used the money i was going buy a 3090 GPU with to upgrade my monitor instead
Am so pleased i did as no GPU card would have given be the picture improvement this monitor has plus i can now play games & media in HDR :):):)

Sames, just got my 32:9 today....definitely a worthwhile improvement over the GPU buying nonsense...

Soldato
Might try and get a 6700/XT if it's decent but not holding up much hope. I'm not bending over for recent price hikes or scalpers, my 570 is still ticking over on my 1080 displays (only game on one).

Interested in a HDR monitor as well, but will see what the GPU situation is first...

Soldato
I like to say a huge thank you to Nvidia for having no stock and saving me wasting a load of cash on yet another pointless GPU upgrade :D:D:D

Tbh I'm impressed at how well my 2070 is holding up. Moving to a single 5120x1440 display instead of 2x 4k is a great improvement.

Associate
Still running a 1080TI but looking to go 6800XT when I can having recently moved to a 5800X and 570 board.

It is frustrating, but managed to just look at the 3090's that are in stock. If OCUK wasn't taking an age to ship I might have pressed the button....

Matt

Back
Top Bottom