• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Caporegime
Anyone else just given up trying to look for a new GPU and resigned themselves to waiting for a while? I'm fed up just endlessly checking stores online and just given up trying. Going to spend my time more constructively online. I'll wait until Easter and try again.
Not just GPUs. Everything.

There's no point trying to buy GPUs, PSUs, motherboards, audio equipment, consoles... the list goes on.

Everything I want is out of stock with no ETA.

Except on eBay of course (lol).

Soldato
I never even started "looking for a new GPU"

I`ll bite when the resellers are desperately looking for buyers and tempting us with special offers. Now is a very bad time to even think about buying.

Associate
Waiting for ocuk to list some, have a 6800 non XT, but would go for 6900XT if I can get one! I’m trying run 3 4K screens in eyefinity!
Yesterday, I saw on stock somewhere, but £1.399. Not sure should be priced at that much?

Yep, stopped looking when decided to put £200 on top of what scalpers are asking for the 3080 and went all-in with a 3090.
Yesterday night 3090FE in stock for a while. Too bad got my Palit 3090, which I'm really happy with.

Associate
I've got all the parts for my youngest kids 1st build. Except a card. should have been his Xmas pressie. .. I stupidly held off getting a 2070s last October / November time when they dropped a bit in price. I held out for the 5600x and a 3060ti. I didn't expect this to happen ☹️.. does anyone know if OCUK be listing any Gigabyte 3060tis or the Asus cards they use in the prebuilds.

Soldato
Any idea what I'll get for around 500 April time ? I just hope it settles down by then. Definitely not wanting to pay for something worth less... unless all the prices just end up going up anyways

Associate
I've got all the parts for my youngest kids 1st build. Except a card. should have been his Xmas pressie. .. I stupidly held off getting a 2070s last October / November time when they dropped a bit in price. I held out for the 5600x and a 3060ti. I didn't expect this to happen ☹️.. does anyone know if OCUK be listing any Gigabyte 3060tis or the Asus cards they use in the prebuilds.

Next week apparently. No idea what prices will be but I'd be expecting £500 for a 3060ti.

Soldato
AMD blamed the cost of shipping as being a key factor in the shortage of parts. Manufacturers of smaller components are competing for shipping container space with big multi national firms from ever sector of the global economy.

Associate
£500 seems to be the price of most of the 3060tis so I'd go for one of them. I wanted the FE but that ain't guna happen. So is prefer the gigabyte or Asus. Hopefully when I miss the ones that go up. There will at least be a pre order for the next bunch.

Associate
Anyone else just given up trying to look for a new GPU and resigned themselves to waiting for a while? I'm fed up just endlessly checking stores online and just given up trying. Going to spend my time more constructively online. I'll wait until Easter and try again.

I started with a 'just the GPU upgrade' in early December. Now I have an entirely new PC and frankly am addicted; haven't given up the hunt for a 3080.

Soldato
Gave up before Christmas, selling my 3600 and my monitor to my Brother next week and boxing my PC up for a month or two whilst I concentrate on doing some work on the house, when the works complete I'll see how I feel but I'm tempted to sell everything off if stuff is still hard to come by. Not really that interested in any games at the moment either, not even bothered with Cyberpunk just another full price BETA release

See what happens I suppose

Caporegime
Gave up before Christmas, selling my 3600 and my monitor to my Brother next week and boxing my PC up for a month or two whilst I concentrate on doing some work on the house, when the works complete I'll see how I feel but I'm tempted to sell everything off if stuff is still hard to come by. Not really that interested in any games at the moment either, not even bothered with Cyberpunk just another full price BETA release

See what happens I suppose
It's hard to love PC gaming atm :(

Associate
Whut.

A bunch of 3090 in stock right for sale, not pre-order, here at OCUK. Whatever happened to the heads up Gibbo was supposed to give and all that jazz? Still trying on a 6800XT.

Soldato
It's hard to love PC gaming atm :(

I've been playing some older games and enjoying them which makes me question the need to upgrade. IDK I'm in two minds about it all at the moment but if I do stick with it I'll probably just keep my Vega 56 and get a new CPU and the PC can stay packed away while I casually look for one, I certainly wont be paying over the odds for anything and I have a couple of 1080P monitors to tide me over if I need them.

If I don't miss the PC at all when its packed away then I'll split and sell it

Associate
Whut.

A bunch of 3090 in stock right for sale, not pre-order, here at OCUK. Whatever happened to the heads up Gibbo was supposed to give and all that jazz? Still trying on a 6800XT.
Weird, I expected notification too.

Irrelevant for me as I have to draw the line at dropping another grand net on a GPU *sigh*

Soldato
3090's have been available in stock to buy at many different retailers over the last few weeks, I'm just not prepared to spend that on a GPU.

Ive given up though, ideally after a 3080 / 3070 but fat chance, I'm not paying a scalper and can't be arsed to subscribe to these stock alert discords etc.

The situation is FUBAR.

Associate
Paid £750 for a 2nd hand 2080ti due to a dead graphics card about 6 weeks before the 3080 released. Been gaming quite happily since and checking the 'bay they're still selling for what I paid. Funny as according to the sages here a 2080ti was worth £300 tops

Back
Top Bottom