• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
I suspect this is going to be quite a jump from a 7870. I might even get around to upgrading my board and i5 2500k at some point now there's a point and I actually have a decent card
Good old 7970, which costed me about £300 for the ASUs Direct CU II which was very cool, minimum hot air leakage inside the case and lasted me over 3 years. I was happy but didn’t knew.

Associate
To be fair, if anyone is looking for Nvidia, the only way is by Telegram. AMD time or another one pops out with a not so abusive price.
Got the RX6800XT from Overclockers today, returned the “screamer” RX6900XT from the Bolton place (bought new, seals open, bad coil whine, I believe it was a return). Now got a XFX6600XT for sale, but will have to wait 3 weeks to list, as I’ll be abroad for that time. The card may even go up in price. :D:D:confused:

Associate
Things are changing. Easy to find second hand 3xxx series GPUs which have had only little use. 3060 cards are gradually dropping to £400-450 range.

Associate
3070 arrived a day early so bit of a clean out and seems to have gone pretty easily. Other than up to date drivers any other optimisation suggested? Will upgrade the monitor soon once funds allow!

Monitor is the next stop for me as well, still running 1080 as I wanted to make sure everything is fine with new machine and card before I dived into the monitor research lol.

Associate
No worries. All you need do is install the Telegram app on your phone, then on your phone, browse here:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEii3xT81U1A6tLjrQ

Hit that link and that'll join you to the FE Partalert channel on Telegram. Give Telegram a different alert tone to the rest you have set up and turn it up.
Thank you! Joined Telegram just to do this.

Do you know if there are bots for lower-range cards? I'm after a 1650S for my partner's light gaming computer, and the cheapest card with Tensor cores for Tensorflow training (2060 IIRC)? The bot above is great but only for the 30X0 range of cards

Associate
Got rid of my 1080Ti finally after months of holding off for a new card. Still can't believe a card nearly 4 years old is worth £500 pure madness.

Setup my Xbox series s and will use this in the mean time. Just now a waiting game to see if I can snag a 3070 or Ti version. If not I'll give up the PC game, been a tough few years trying to upgrade :mad:

Back
Top Bottom