• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone pre ordered 12600k and z690 board yet?

Soldato
Just look at some standard DDR5 prices here now - almost £300! for 32gig
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...00c40-4800mhz-dual-channel-kit-my-0an-tg.html

"Premium" DDR5 will be north of that cost, when prices are announced.

Never mins the cost of the Alderlake compatible mobos too :eek:

Alderlake will be a crazy expensive setup, even though they are touting the CPU's ata decent price apparently. The cost of the DDR5 and new mobos will negate the money savings the lower prices CPUs will have.

£800 for a mobo, cpu and RAM bundle...or more :o

Associate
Hello all,

I recently built my gaming pc and thinking about returning my 10400f and b560 chipset, and ordering the 12600kf with a DDR4 z690 board, would cost me £150 to make the jump.

Anyone else thinking of pre ordering?

so you built it and nothing is wrong

so the parts would be returned as used>>??

Soldato
TBH i would have jumped if my rig was 3+ years old. Prices do look steep but there again take an ASUS Hero mobo as an example, I paid £170 for my Z170 version in 2015, check it out in Z690 form :o
V0rt6FR.png
Year on year prices seem to have jumped 20%.
So glad to hang on until I can buy a GPU that actually runs on pcie 5.0 and DDR5 isn't daft money .... mid 2022?

Soldato
The cooler compatibility should be making people hold off. The fact that they haven’t prepared for this, is ridiculous.

Yep exactly i am still waiting to be able to order the new LG1-1700 mounting bracket from be quiet for my Silent loop 2, they are saying it can be ordered beginning November.

Saying that i see some z690 Asus boards have the previous mounting holes as well so it may be possible to mount your current cooler without the need for the mounting kit but how would you know if it going to work and make contact with the CPU correctly.

Associate
TBH i would have jumped if my rig was 3+ years old. Prices do look steep but there again take an ASUS Hero mobo as an example, I paid £170 for my Z170 version in 2015, check it out in Z690 form :o
V0rt6FR.png
Year on year prices seem to have jumped 20%.
So glad to hang on until I can buy a GPU that actually runs on pcie 5.0 and DDR5 isn't daft money .... mid 2022?

Performance wise, does anyone have an idea as to the likely difference between the above Z690 maximus hero, to the Z690-E model? https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ntel-z690-ddr5-atx-motherboard-mb-6h7-as.html

Associate
All I am interested in is the gaming performance of Alder Lake using DDR4 vs. Zen 3. If they turn out comparable, Zen 3 makes more sense given reasonable prices and less heat/power consumption.

Man of Honour
Soldato
I think I’ll be looking for more than what’s on offer with Alderlake to move away from AM4 especially with Zen 3D around the corner.

Associate
The short answer is YES, big increase in MT performance - I believe on average its 50% faster but can be up to 80% depending on the task

Additionally it has decent headroom for gaining more MT performance with an overclock, you can expect an additional 20% to 30% MT performance with a good overclock and good cooling - at the upper end of this range you begin to surpass the Ryzen 5950x in MT performance

This is the best laugh I've had in years on these boards - some total BS pulled out of ones back passage to claim some random +120% perf gain. And this totally made up BS number is the 5950x slayer (until AMD refresh with layered L3). Too funny by half.

Back
Top Bottom