Anyone tried Crucial M4 Firmware 070H ?

Associate
I've installed it on two drives in the last few days and had no problems so far. One of them was on the 009 firmware and was giving me awful grief until I found out about the 5000 hour bug :)

I haven't done any performance benchmarks

Soldato
My advice to those on 000F is not to upgrade.

I just had a heck of a time trying to revive my M4 after upgrading to the latest version 070H.

The firmware update says it's failed, then if you run again claims it's already up to date. The next cold boot, the M4 won't be detected and will appear bricked. Follow the instructions here to fix the issue.

Essentially, just connect the power to the M4 and leave the PC in the BIOS for 30 min or so. Power off, then reconnect and reboot. Repeat a couple of times and the M4 will be detected again. Phew.

Associate
I`ve updated a few of the drives I`ve installed to the latest firmaware, and no problems apart from one PC that "threw a bit of a wobbly". I can't remember what the trouble was, but a small amount of panic, along with some faffing around got it back up and running again.

Over the past couple of years I`ve updated quite a few M4s, quite a few times with various versions of their firmware. I haven't (yet) had a drive fail on me.

Associate
I have put the most recent one on as it started to crash its show 5521 hours. But its still crashing even with 070H

any ideas if its possible to put 000f on it?

Back
Top Bottom