Anyone tried Crucial M4 Firmware 070H ?

Associate
The 070H.

I installed through the Windows installer. It lasted a couple of reboots, but was dead when I next cold booted. This is the 2nd 256GB M4 that's failed on me in 7 months.

I have 60GB M4 which I updated and is fine.

Associate
Well my drive is working again!!

Crucial rep asked me to do the following:

I was very sceptical, but followed the process anyway.

A sudden power loss is most common cause for a system to fail to recognize an SSD. In most cases, your SSD can be returned to normal operating condition by completing a power cycle, a process that will take approximately one hour.

We recommend you perform this procedure on a desktop computer because it allows you to only connect the SATA power connection, which improves the odds of the power cycle being successful. However, a USB enclosure with an external power source will also work. Apple and Windows desktop users follow the same steps.

1. Once you have the drive connected and sitting idle, simply power on the computer and wait for 20 minutes. We recommend that you don't use the computer during this process.

2. Power the computer down and disconnect the drive from the power connector for 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the drive, and repeat steps 1 and 2 one more time.

4. Reconnect the drive normally, and boot the computer to your operating system.

5. If the latest firmware has not been updated to your drive, do so. You can find our firmware update page here.

A laptop computer will also work, but you’ll have to connect the drive and navigate to the system's BIOS menu. (Please refer to your system manufacturer’s documentation on how to access the BIOS.) Allowing the drive to sit in the BIOS will improve the odds that the power cycle will work. For laptops, we don’t recommended using a USB enclosure powered via USB. In addition, Apple users must hold the Option key while they power on the system (with the SSD installed). This will boot the Mac to the Startup Manager screen. The Startup Manager screen works like the BIOS screen on a laptop, in that it gives the drive power without any data throughput.

1. Laptop users will need to be in the BIOS menu, or Mac Startup Manager as stated above. The computer will need to stay powered for 20 minutes. We recommend you don’t use the laptop during this process.

2. Power the computer down and disconnect the drive for 30 seconds, by removing it from the drive bay. If you have an mSATA drive, remove it from the port.

3. Reconnect the drive, and repeat steps 1 and 2 one more time.

4. Reconnect the drive normally, and boot the computer to your operating system.

5. If the latest firmware is has not been updated to your drive, do so. Click here for our firmware updates.

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Solid-S...quot-disappear-quot-from-my-system/ta-p/65215

My Win 8 install was screwed, but with a bit of tinkering I've managed to get it back again. :)

Associate
Commissario
Had my m4 250gig arrive yesterday and decided to update it to the latest firmware.

Had major panic as it updated my 128gig OS drive at the same time!!!!:eek: Thought it was going to wipe windows.......(Wipes forehead)

My only concern is that when I installed the new m4 250gig windows recognised it, but it didn't show in my list of drives. Pray and hope it's not bricked.

Soldato
Had my m4 250gig arrive yesterday and decided to update it to the latest firmware.

Had major panic as it updated my 128gig OS drive at the same time!!!!:eek: Thought it was going to wipe windows.......(Wipes forehead)

My only concern is that when I installed the new m4 250gig windows recognised it, but it didn't show in my list of drives. Pray and hope it's not bricked.

That's normal until you partition it in disk management.

Associate
Updated both of my 256GB M4's to 070H from 040H as both drives have spontaneously wiped all the data off the drives at least once.

Needless to say I'm a little ****ed off with them. No point trying to RMA them as they work, it's just a matter of time till they do it again.

Back
Top Bottom