Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Interested how it works for some but not others. There may be a load of people who have it working straight out of the box, who wouldn't feel the need to post on a forum - who knows - if mne had worked OK I'd have never found this thread.

But before buying (and since returning) this product I was used to month/years uninterrupted service, not days (with a separate modem and router).

As there are more integrated VDSL modem/router products appearing with AC wifi capability it will be interesting to see how they go.

Absolutely no change at all in line speeds in that time.

I meant that as a downside btw. I would have expected DLM to have speeded me up by now given I could peak at 68Mbps with the HH5. It seems that something won't let me return to my max speed.

If you're interleaved the modem's connection will hold stable with minimal CRC errors. If it's fastpath then it will most likely become unstable for a good amount of users.

Last edited:
I meant that as a downside btw. I would have expected DLM to have speeded me up by now given I could peak at 68Mbps with the HH5. It seems that something won't let me return to my max speed.

It won't because your FEC errors are too high. Whilst its perfectly normal to see FEC errors on interleaving the ASUS seems to generate a great deal more than what is acceptable. I think this was why after 48hrs I kept being hit by DLM, not for disconnects, CRC or ES but purely because I was getting 100x as many FEC errors with the ASUS.

Last edited:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27244130&postcount=480

Something I uncovered possibly from a ZEN Internet article

Yeah, I also came across that particular document. FEC is apparently considered by DLM, but in what manner I don't believe I've found anyone who knows or has a rough idea yet. It may also be FEC seconds (FECs, where 's' is seconds) or just the FEC count.

Although when interleaved the connection will most likely remain stable on the device, the FEC's do eventually rise rapidly to insanely high numbers. This will most likely mean DLM won't consider increasing the speed banding or adjusting the level of error correction.

Here are my current stats using a Billion 8800nl for the past few days

Total time = 3 days 8 hours 52 min 19 sec

FEC: DS 1,577,395 - US 44,776
CRC: 42 0
ES: 10 0
SES: 0 0
UAS: 24 24

On the ASUS I'd be looking at around 3 or 4 hundred million over a similar period.

Last edited:
Here are my current stats using a Billion 8800nl for the past few days

Total time = 3 days 8 hours 52 min 19 sec

FEC: DS 1,577,395 - US 44,776
CRC: 42 0
ES: 10 0
SES: 0 0
UAS: 24 24

On the ASUS I'd be looking at around 3 or 4 hundred million over a similar period.

I see. For my HG612 I get about 3 million FEC daily on average, where with the ASUS under the same conditions I get tens to hundreds of millions of FEC daily on average. Connection throughput remains stable though. I've contemplated my options and have decided to stick to the ASUS with interleaving mainly because I can get the full sync speed I'm paying for. With the HG612 or ECI I will remain banded on 49Mbps even though my line has an attainable beyond 80Mbps, so as long as the connection remains stable I will stick to the ASUS and hope that one day they release something that clears up this problem.

my god this router is not fit for purpose. Had about 2 weeks without a dc and thought i could handle the high errors BUT over the past 2 days been hit by multiple dc's and the dlm hammer has come down hard. It would just be nice to hear from asus

I'm also suffering with these issues that have caused my line to be interleaved: 26Mb Down and 6Mb up. I should be seeing around 54Mb + Down and 10-15Mb up. Paul Lee from ASUS is in contact with me trying to resolve my issues and has been really helpful.
Reading your posts, I've managed to reduced my CRC Errors by turning most of the tweaks off, but I can't seem to stop re-syncs and CRC spikes (mainly mornings 08:00-09:30, Evenings 16:30-00:30 and weekends).
BT/PlusNet are claiming I have a clean line personally I think that it's a combination of sensitive firmware and rubbish lines (aluminium). I have been battling with PlusNet since Feb 2014 and now threatened them with watchdog (let's see what happens). Just for info, I've also had issues with a Vigor 2850, now the ASUS and I'm stumped for an answer as to why this is happening. I joined because I was having the same problems as you guys, it's been very helpful reading your posts, thank you! If I get any info I will submit it to the forum.
Cheers.

Last edited:
The two firmwares, one recently posted on this thread and the one listed on the ASUS support page, are both different it seems. Well, at least the checksums don't match when comparing the trx files. I wonder which version Ragnahex is using?

The two firmwares, one recently posted on this thread and the one listed on the ASUS support page, are both different it seems. Well, at least the checksums don't match when comparing the trx files. I wonder which version Ragnahex is using?

I would imagine its DSL-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376_2144-ga120ce8_DSL_1.0.1.9_1124.trx as the one on the ASUS support site (non beta) is from late September.

I would imagine its DSL-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376_2144-ga120ce8_DSL_1.0.1.9_1124.trx as the one on the ASUS support site (non beta) is from late September.

There are two new updates today - 2139 and 2144 (beta) - on the ASUS site. It seems to take a while to update fully, for example if I select Win 8 64-bit as my OS I would only see 2072 from September, but selecting "Others" the two new ones today appeared.

Back
Top Bottom