Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Soldato
Hello again
I updated the ASUS router on the 12th of July this year to the latest version of which is around 6 weeks ago. Have made no other settings changes at all. Might be worth going back to the older ASUS firmware perhaps?
Thanks again:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yes, that would be the first thing I would try then give it a good test.

Associate
Will revert back to Version 3.0.0.4.382_50302 dated 11th of April 2018 tomorrow to see if this solves the problem.
I;ll keep you posted
;);););)
Many thanks

Associate
Good morning
Have reverted back to firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50302-g1568898 on the Asus router, my son will try the PS4 today to see if this has solved the problem.
I'll be in touch
;););););););););););););););)

Soldato
Good morning
Have reverted back to firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50302-g1568898 on the Asus router, my son will try the PS4 today to see if this has solved the problem.
I'll be in touch
;););););););););););););););)

Sometimes when a firmware update is done. A factory reset is sometimes the best way to go to prevent conflict of old bugs.

Associate
Hello again
Reverted back to firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50302-g1568898 on the Asus router and all is well, no drop off in connection with the PS4. Updated to the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_21128 and the problem came back !!!!!!:(:(:(:( I did not do a factory re-set maybe this will solve the problem and then load the latest firmware.
Just wandering how far does a factory re-set goes i.e will it delete the broadband user name and password?
I do have these to hand if I need to re-configure the internet settings etc
Have reverted back to 3.0.0.4.382_50302-g1568898 again and all seems OK. Strange!!
Any thoughts
Thanks again
;););););););)

Soldato
Hello again
Reverted back to firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50302-g1568898 on the Asus router and all is well, no drop off in connection with the PS4. Updated to the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_21128 and the problem came back !!!!!!:(:(:(:( I did not do a factory re-set maybe this will solve the problem and then load the latest firmware.
Just wandering how far does a factory re-set goes i.e will it delete the broadband user name and password?
I do have these to hand if I need to re-configure the internet settings etc
Have reverted back to 3.0.0.4.382_50302-g1568898 again and all seems OK. Strange!!
Any thoughts
Thanks again
;););););););)

It sounds like a bug in the firmware.
If you factory reset it, you will need to do all your setting again including username and password.

Associate
Great
I'll do a factory re-set, re-install my settings and then try the router with the older firmware (382). If all OK I'll update to the latest firmware (384) and give it another final test on the PS4.
Thanks again
I'll be in touch

;););););););););););););)

Soldato
Great
I'll do a factory re-set, re-install my settings and then try the router with the older firmware (382). If all OK I'll update to the latest firmware (384) and give it another final test on the PS4.
Thanks again
I'll be in touch

;););););););););););););)

I think what you will need to do is install the latest firmware then factory reset, then put in your settings and test. If it doesn't work, you'll have to stick the older firmware back on and thenttry and report the bug to Asus. Hopefully they will do something about it.

There seems to be a few threads with Asus owners reporting faulty LAN ports. Maybe a bigger problem.

Associate
Sorted
Updated to the latest firmware (384) and did a complete factory re-set. Installed all the passwords to get the internet back on-line, re-set all the settings and all is fine. My son does not nag me anymore, wonderful.
Thanks for your help
;);););););););););););););););););););););););););)
Regards
Jonsey

Soldato
Sorted
Updated to the latest firmware (384) and did a complete factory re-set. Installed all the passwords to get the internet back on-line, re-set all the settings and all is fine. My son does not nag me anymore, wonderful.
Thanks for your help
;);););););););););););););););););););););););););)
Regards
Jonsey

Glad to hear it worked. Enjoy your peace and quiet!

Soldato
what are these like with BT fiber to the home with newest firmware

Necro much? Given FTTH won't use the modem, and you're posting in a 159 page thread predominantly dealing with the issues related to the modem, it'll perform much as the non DSL version would. That said, unless you have one (and even if you did), why would you choose a 6 year old router that was never designed to deal with gigabit capable connections and is imminently EoL for support to handle FTTH?

Back
Top Bottom