Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Soldato
If you send a log can you add notes to it? I should really send some info showing a loss of sync speed when using this device. It actually looks like the G.INP issue on the ECI but I can change my sync by making adjustments. With the Asus, I lose around 5-7Mb off my sync.

Soldato
in gui can add notes to feedback.
set Rx AGC GAIN Adjustment (VDSL) High Performance, this restored lost sync for me.

I think I tried that. It did infact give me back my sync but also multiplied my errors by who knows what factor. I had 250 CRC's over a week with factory settings but with a few adjustments it gave me 2,500 after 22hrs.

I think I'll flash back to standard settings and try ESNP and Rx AGC GAIN to high performance and monitor. If this still gives high errors, The device will be sold on.

Associate
thats fair enough. ive read though although your CRC maybe high it doesnt matter because DLM doesnt take CRC into account. Have you been getting negitive changes to DLM with your high CRC if so then some CRC are also SES that do get taken into account.

Soldato
To be fair, when I saw that after conducting tests with other settings and other devices, I swapped back to my hg612. Mainly because I was away for a month and needed a stable connection when I was away.
I'll try again with the settings you suggested and see how I get on.

Associate
CRC errors cause ES or SES, which in turn is what DLM looks at. Monitoring the number of CRC errors is not meaningful for DLM's algorithm. If only ASUS had made ES/SES values known on the UI.

Soldato
I'll give this a try and see how it compares now seeing as 5007 gives me a good chunk of performance loss. I won't be able to test until next week though.

Associate
It's not on their website yet but you get a warning via the gui admin
interface that you should upgrade for greater stability.
I found it needed a factory reset after the upgrade.
After the reset I found that ESNP is now set to default (which I assume is Stable) and is not settable.
For some reason I have also noticed my SNR Down setting has got better and
gone from around 7db to over 10db

Soldato
There appears to be new firmware available from Asus for this device.
Version 3.0.0.4.378_6553-g2c78186
I have just upgraded although mine has been running fine for the last 50 days on fastpath at 75 down and 19 up with the old firmware.

Anyone tried it with a connected USB drive, and can you see all the files/folders ok? If not I'll give it a whirl myself..

Back
Top Bottom