Anyone with Gigaclear?

Man of Honour
Still an absolute shambles when it comes to connecting us up (I think it is a lost cause really). Very mixed reports from people around me who have been connected.

Last edited:
Soldato
For those that are still using Gigaclear, how are you finding them?

They are now available in my area and i can't decide if I should go for it or hold out for VIrgin, BT or someone else to arrive in the area.

The £29 a month Hyperfast 900 deal they have at the moment is certainly tempting.
All just my opinion :)

When it's all working, which in fairness it has for the majority of the time, it's obscenely fast for a 'home' connection and symmetric (which is double awesome)

However I have had a couple of outages, one that was a few hours if I recall, and it turned out my install and to basically be 'reinstalled' and I was without it for about 4 days when I first had it installed (but I was still using FTTC for backup).

Oh, it also took 6 months for them to bill me for a Static IP and then they did it all in one go :p

Soldato
They'll go bust I reckon.

They are a modern day NTL, they'll spend a ton of money putting in the infrastructure and not get the return in time, then get bought out or whatever.

They are an absolute joke in our village, they spent months ripping up all the paths and roads, causing traffic disruption and left footpaths a mess. They even tried to dig up a neighbours own land!

And I don't think they realised that Openreach already had the full FTTP in already for at least a year!!!

Idiots!

Back
Top Bottom