AOC AG352UCG6 35" 1440P widescreen

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Just FYI, this uses the same panel and is tuned in a similar way to the original AG352UCG. It just has the addition of an overclock to 120Hz vs. 100Hz. So check out reviews (such as my own) of the older model and you'll get a good idea of what to expect.

If it's the same panel, what might they have done to increase the native refresh rate?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
They didn't increase the native refresh rate, they simply overclocked it.

I thought the older model was native 60Hz overclocked to 100Hz... are you saying this panel is native 60Hz overclocked to 120Hz? I assumed this new model would have a panel that is native 100Hz and overclocked to 120Hz, same as the newest Alienware and Acer models plus the upcoming LG ultrawide. Maybe things are different between the IPS and VA panels, and I'm getting this all wrong?

Permabanned
is there an ETA on this monitor?

Looking to trade in my 1440p 144hz and my 4k monitor for a single screen solution. Yeah its less real estate but my 4k is really underused as it is.

Permabanned
I see, hopefully its not USA and everywhere else May and UK just before the end of time.

I think a super wide is the way to go, and AOC usually have really good stands.

Soldato
This model was slated for a May 2018 release in the UK originally, but I believe that may have slipped to June. I'm not sure if I'll review this one, given that it is going to be very similar to the AG352UCG I've already reviewed. Aside from featuring a 120Hz overclock and some minor aesthetic differences.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
This model was slated for a May 2018 release in the UK originally, but I believe that may have slipped to June. I'm not sure if I'll review this one, given that it is going to be very similar to the AG352UCG I've already reviewed. Aside from featuring a 120Hz overclock and some minor aesthetic differences.

Expertreviews report this new model has "perceivable less ghosting", improved input lag and "perceivably better colour reproduction" compared to the previous model, but they don't offer anything of substance to support these observations. It would be nice to get a more complete review of this new model.

Soldato
Expertreviews report this new model has "perceivable less ghosting", improved input lag and "perceivably better colour reproduction" compared to the previous model, but they don't offer anything of substance to support these observations. It would be nice to get a more complete review of this new model.

Yeah, sounds questionable. Although it's still possible it uses a different revision of the same panel (a 'sub-revision') or simply that it is tuned better. I will certainly not write off reviewing it properly, but I won't necessarily be prioritising it is all. :)

Associate

Hello,where can I read your review of the Ag352UCG?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Yeah, sounds questionable. Although it's still possible it uses a different revision of the same panel (a 'sub-revision') or simply that it is tuned better. I will certainly not write off reviewing it properly, but I won't necessarily be prioritising it is all. :)

This model does feel like an incremental update, but the very competitive price makes it hard to ignore while the other new 120Hz UW monitors have RRP above £1000, so I think people will be interested. As said above, in info that you learn and can share would be appreciated!

Associate
Yes, for the price compared to the other options for similar specs this is looking very tempting and I'm definitely interested in reading some quality reviews.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I think Hexus have done a review of this model.

They have, but that is the only review I've seen, and they don't make any comparisons against the new round of UW monitors, such as the Alienware AW3418DW and Acer X34P, so it doesn't really help with buying decisions! Also, I'm waiting for the LG 950G to be released before I make a decision, so I'm not ready to buy quite yet.

Soldato
Well I've been convinced by AOC that there's more to this than just an overclock of the refresh rate. I think they probably just wanted to lure me into reviewing it... I couldn't say no, I sort of enjoyed the last model so it'll be a nice one to spend some time with.

Back
Top Bottom