AOC AG352UCG6 35" 1440P widescreen

Associate
So a competitor has this for sale, really tempted, but wondering if it really is going to be a waste of cash. Overall its going to cost me about £350 to upgrade from a 144hz 1440p + 4k IPS set up.

I work from home, so would get some decent use out of it all as just a screen. I find my self just using the 1440 and having some youtube on the 4k for some reason, I think having 2 27 inch monitors is just too wide to be able to use from just 1.5 ft away... (desk isn't very deep at all, and the acer monitors don't have VESA so I've had to fudge something together to get it work).

How is a 1080 along with a 4790k going to handle gaming at 3440 x 1440? Last thing I need is to want to buy another GPU :D

Well I've got a 4790 and a 1070 and am strongly considering getting one of these. I reckon turning a few few options down a bit with G-Sync should be fine.

Soldato
Turns out it was. I love it.

Any issues with overshoot/smearing? It's one of the most common complaints I've seen directed at this monitor, but then confusingly some people claim to be absolutely fine with it. Seems you can mitigate this within the settings though, from what I've read. What monitor were you coming from? Have you tried any other ultrawides, IPS etc?

Soldato
Any issues with overshoot/smearing? It's one of the most common complaints I've seen directed at this monitor, but then confusingly some people claim to be absolutely fine with it. Seems you can mitigate this within the settings though, from what I've read. What monitor were you coming from? Have you tried any other ultrawides, IPS etc?

I don't have much smearing or overshoot, I only notice a slight bit of smearing if I specifically look for it (though it seems better than my previous monitor weirdly). Colours are nice and accurate to me, vivid but not over saturated, definitely a huge step up from my previous monitor which was 1440p 16:9 165hz g-sync TN (Acer XB271HUA).

Associate
I have this AG352UCG6 and the Alienware AW3418DW. They both perform very similar to each other. You can't go wrong with either but personally if I only kept one and the warranty was the same I would go for the Agon one.

Associate
I have the previous 100Hz model and it's good, but there was a black screen flicker issue on some of the panels. Disabling G-Sync fixed this but obviously that's not a solution....

Soldato
I have the previous 100Hz model and it's good, but there was a black screen flicker issue on some of the panels. Disabling G-Sync fixed this but obviously that's not a solution....

Yes I heard about this quite a lot... not sure if the newer one fixed it or not. Also I'm not sure if pushing it to 120hz is asking too much... I've seems some people say this impacts the image quality, but I don't know if that's the case or not. They're basically the same panel, just a refresh basically.

Associate
I have the black edition and its advertised as 120Hz on the box and thats what i have mine set to. i have no flicker and as far as i can see no smearing or ghosting.

Overall i am really happy with the monitor.

Associate
had 2 of these, returned them both. I was't that dissiapointed in a monitors ever. I picked VA panel hopeing for a great contrast and deep darks all i get was the biggest backligt blees i've ever seen. Non of the monitors could provide a black colour just a darker grey. AND bottom corners suffered from clouding, not even mention this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0i1xOijIW0 . Pathetic quality control from AOC. Nothing changed over the years AOC always has been and always will be a 2nd class monitor company for a poor people.

monitor 1
ehdto5.jpg

monitor 2

2ufyh4z.jpg

Soldato
That does seem unusually bad. PCM talks about this not having great contrast and blacks for VA, but still that's obviously unacceptable. From other users feedback, it doesn't seem like that is typical however... many people do seem happy with it.

Associate
It does look bad but hard to judge from Photos as photos always make a problem worse.

You should probably also stay away from IPS Screens as the glow would drive you crazy.

Soldato
Wow that's pretty horrendous. I once ordered the AOC g-sync QHD IPS monitor and that had extremely bad bleed but this monitor didn't have any noticeable on mine.

Associate
Been running one of these for a couple of weeks.
All good, absolutely no back light bleed, coming from an IPS, I did'nt know such a dark screen existed :)

120hz is a revelation. 60hz is literally unplayable now. (ok only in FPS)
G-Sync can be a bit temperamental I find, turning its self off on occasion, unplugging the monitor brings it back.
It will also flicker if I use fullscreen G-Sync whilst at the same time running a 2nd monitor.

I don't think it's the monitors fault, just the way it goes maybe?
Either way, I can live with it.

Back
Top Bottom